From: David B. on
you don't say

From: Arno on
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage David B. <mail(a)nomail.net> wrote:
> you don't say

What is the point of your postings so far?

Arno

From: Cronos on
Rod Speed wrote:

> Wrong. You do need to be able to interpret the raw data and not
> just mindlessly look at the OKs, and when you do that, you can often
> see a failing hard drive from the number of reallocated sectors etc.

Yes well, us idiots that can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag
like to be shown the error with pretty pictures, and HDTune does just
that. But I see HDTune is no longer free, has trial version or pay for
version. Good thing I downloaded it when it was free.
From: Cronos on
Yousuf Khan wrote:
>>But the SMART raw data fields
> require human intelligence to interpret.

Intelligent people don't sit around yapping about HDDs all day. They
spend it reading Kafka, Hesse, Sarte, etc. I think you mean, requires
knowledge and not "intelligence". Anyway, no way am I going to credit
Rod Speed as an intelligent being. ;)
From: Gerry on
Cronos

You were saying -"HDTune is no longer free"?

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Cronos" <cronos(a)sphere.invalid> wrote in message
> Rod Speed wrote:
>
>> Wrong. You do need to be able to interpret the raw data and not
>> just mindlessly look at the OKs, and when you do that, you can often
>> see a failing hard drive from the number of reallocated sectors etc.
>
> Yes well, us idiots that can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag
> like to be shown the error with pretty pictures, and HDTune does just
> that. But I see HDTune is no longer free, has trial version or pay for
> version. Good thing I downloaded it when it was free.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: AHCI mode & XP
Next: Why isn't the sector reallocating?