From: Cronos on
Franc Zabkar wrote:

> What you know is that HD Tune's author thinks there is an issue.

No, what I know is that from my actual experience it accurately detected
a bad block that the manufacturer's diagnostic software failed to
detect. You on the other hand have no first hand experience to your
claims and are just making it up as you go along.
From: Cronos on
Arno wrote:

> A bit of an extremely simplicitic view of a complex issue...
>
> Arno

I'm a subscriber to KISS. You should try it sometime instead of over
analyzing the data.
From: Arno on
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Cronos <cronos(a)sphere.invalid> wrote:
> Arno wrote:

>> A bit of an extremely simplicitic view of a complex issue...
>>
>> Arno
>>
> I'm a subscriber to KISS. You should try it sometime instead of over
> analyzing the data.

KISS aplies to synthesis, not to analysis. I think you may
have simplified analysis so much that you have no idea
what you miss.

Arno
--
Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno(a)wagner.name
----
From: Cronos on
Arno wrote:

> KISS aplies to synthesis, not to analysis. I think you may
> have simplified analysis so much that you have no idea
> what you miss.
>
> Arno

Red = Bad

That's all I need, or want, to analyze. :)
From: Arno on
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Cronos <cronos(a)sphere.invalid> wrote:
> Arno wrote:

>> KISS aplies to synthesis, not to analysis. I think you may
>> have simplified analysis so much that you have no idea
>> what you miss.
>>
>> Arno

> Red = Bad

> That's all I need, or want, to analyze. :)

Well, do it any way you like. It is not my job to
prevent you from shooting yourself in the foot or
using inadequate procedures.

A competent approach to the problem looks differently though.

Arno

--
Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno(a)wagner.name
----
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: AHCI mode & XP
Next: Why isn't the sector reallocating?