From: Henri Wilson on
On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 13:46:45 GMT, "kenseto" <kenseto(a)erinet.com> wrote:

>"Henri Wilson" <H@..> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 20:46:49 GMT, "kenseto" <kenseto(a)erinet.com> wrote:

>> >The Ballistic Theory is refuted by the double slit experiment.
>> >

>> Why? photons have cross-sections.
>>
>> The concept of 'light wavelength' is a bit obscure.
>> If light changes speed in flight, does the distance between wavecrests
>change
>> or not?
>
>You missed the point. If BaT is true then we should not have observed the
>interfference fringes with the double slit-experiment. We should have just
>saw the images of the two slits.

I cannot see why light speed should affect the proincile of the double slit
experiment.
How could it?

>Ken Seto

HW.
www.users.bigpond.com/hewn/index.htm

Sometimes I feel like a complete failure.
The most useful thing I have ever done is prove Einstein wrong.
From: kenseto on

> On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 13:46:45 GMT, "kenseto" <kenseto(a)erinet.com> wrote:
>

> >"Henri Wilson" <H@..> wrote in message

> >> Why? photons have cross-sections.
> >>
> >> The concept of 'light wavelength' is a bit obscure.
> >> If light changes speed in flight, does the distance between wavecrests
> >change
> >> or not?
> >
> >You missed the point. If BaT is true then we should not have observed the
> >interfference fringes with the double slit-experiment. We should have
just
> >saw the images of the two slits.
>
> I cannot see why light speed should affect the proincile of the double
slit
> experiment.
> How could it?

Sigh.....light speed got nothing to do with the experiment. If light is
bullet (according to BaT) then there should not be any interference fringes.

From: yt56erd on
kenseto is the runt of cranks. henri wilson is a crank. this thread
could implode.

From: Henri Wilson on
On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 02:42:36 GMT, "kenseto" <kenseto(a)erinet.com> wrote:

>"Henri Wilson" <H@..> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 13:46:45 GMT, "kenseto" <kenseto(a)erinet.com> wrote:
>>

>> >"Henri Wilson" <H@..> wrote in message

>> >change
>> >
>> >You missed the point. If BaT is true then we should not have observed the
>> >interfference fringes with the double slit-experiment. We should have
>just
>> >saw the images of the two slits.
>>
>> I cannot see why light speed should affect the proincile of the double
>slit
>> experiment.
>> How could it?
>
>Sigh.....light speed got nothing to do with the experiment. If light is
>bullet (according to BaT) then there should not be any interference fringes.

Ken, a photon is not like an ordinary bullet...
Let me try to explain.
Have you ever illustrated magnetic lines of force around a bar magnet with iron
filings? It you move the magnet, you can imagine those force lines moving along
with it. Now throw a way the magnet and consider that these field lines remain
and are stretched out in a long cigar shape. They are rapidly oscilating from
front to back and all the time, perpendicular to them is an associated E- field
that oscillates in synchrony. The two fields mutually reinforce each other and
will oscillate virtually forever in completely empty space.

Can you now imagine something like that coming up against a double slit?

From: Jerry on
Henri Wilson wrote:
> On 4 Jul 2005 01:29:02 -0700, "Jerry" <Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >Henri Wilson wrote:

> >> The extincr\tion argument was put forward by a gentleman called Fox, who
> >> subsequently showed that DeSitter's argument against the BaT was wrong.
> >
> >...and this very same Fox conducted an experiment specifically
> >designed to counter extinction arguments, the result of which
> >was ihnconsistent with BaT.
>
> Different Fox.

Can't you get even THIS simple matter right?

The same John G. Fox wrote
Fox, J.G., Amer. J. Phys. 30, 297(1962)
Fox, J.G., Amer. J. Phys. 33, 1(1964)
(critiqued DeSitter)

and also wrote
Filipas, T.A. and Fox, J.G. Phys. Rev. 135, B1071(1964)
(conducted experiment designed to counter extinction
arguments, obtained results inconsistent with BaT.)

Jerry