From: Henri Wilson on
On 5 Jul 2005 21:27:04 -0700, "Jerry" <Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>Henri Wilson wrote:

>> >...and this very same Fox conducted an experiment specifically
>> >designed to counter extinction arguments, the result of which
>> >was ihnconsistent with BaT.
>>
>> Different Fox.
>
>Can't you get even THIS simple matter right?
>
>The same John G. Fox wrote
>Fox, J.G., Amer. J. Phys. 30, 297(1962)
>Fox, J.G., Amer. J. Phys. 33, 1(1964)
>(critiqued DeSitter)
>
>and also wrote
>Filipas, T.A. and Fox, J.G. Phys. Rev. 135, B1071(1964)
>(conducted experiment designed to counter extinction
>arguments, obtained results inconsistent with BaT.)
>
>Jerry

I know a fellow called Arnold Fox who reckoned DeSitter was wrong, too.

HW.
www.users.bigpond.com/hewn/index.htm

Sometimes I feel like a complete failure.
The most useful thing I have ever done is prove Einstein wrong.
From: Jerry on
Henri Wilson wrote:
> On 5 Jul 2005 21:27:04 -0700, "Jerry" <Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >Henri Wilson wrote:

> >> Different Fox.
> >
> >Can't you get even THIS simple matter right?
> >
> >The same John G. Fox wrote
> >Fox, J.G., Amer. J. Phys. 30, 297(1962)
> >Fox, J.G., Amer. J. Phys. 33, 1(1964)
> >(critiqued DeSitter)
> >
> >and also wrote
> >Filipas, T.A. and Fox, J.G. Phys. Rev. 135, B1071(1964)
> >(conducted experiment designed to counter extinction
> >arguments, obtained results inconsistent with BaT.)
> >
> >Jerry
>
> I know a fellow called Arnold Fox who reckoned DeSitter was wrong, too.

You are attempting to muddy the waters.

The plain fact of the matter is that you are hopelessly
ignorant of the literature, and are likely to remain so for
eternity.

Jerry

From: George Dishman on

"Henri Wilson" <H@..> wrote in message
> The concept of 'light wavelength' is a bit obscure.

Not really, it's the distance between points
of equal phase measured in the directon of
propagation.

> If light changes speed in flight, does the distance between wavecrests
> change
> or not?

Unless wavelength = speed / frequency, you
need your "tick fairies" at every change of
refractive index. Think of light passing
through a sheet of glass, there must be the
same number of wavefronts passing a point
within the glass as points outside in any
given time.

George

From: George Dishman on

"kenseto" <kenseto(a)erinet.com> wrote in message
> "Henri Wilson" <H@..> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 13:46:45 GMT, "kenseto" <kenseto(a)erinet.com> wrote:
>> >You missed the point. If BaT is true then we should not have observed
>> >the
>> >interfference fringes with the double slit-experiment. We should have
>> >just
>> >saw the images of the two slits.
>>
>> I cannot see why light speed should affect the proincile of the double
>> slit
>> experiment.
>> How could it?
>
> Sigh.....light speed got nothing to do with the experiment. If light is
> bullet (according to BaT) then there should not be any interference
> fringes.

The suggestion is that is it wave-like but
that the speed of the waves depends on the
speed of the source that emits them. I don't
agree (for many reasons, the most obvious
being the Sagnac effect) but you should try
to understand his suggestion if you want to
offer valid criticisms.

George

From: Henri Wilson on
On 6 Jul 2005 07:38:21 -0700, "Jerry" <Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>Henri Wilson wrote:

>> >Can't you get even THIS simple matter right?
>> >
>> >The same John G. Fox wrote
>> >Fox, J.G., Amer. J. Phys. 30, 297(1962)
>> >Fox, J.G., Amer. J. Phys. 33, 1(1964)
>> >(critiqued DeSitter)
>> >
>> >and also wrote
>> >Filipas, T.A. and Fox, J.G. Phys. Rev. 135, B1071(1964)
>> >(conducted experiment designed to counter extinction
>> >arguments, obtained results inconsistent with BaT.)
>> >
>> >Jerry
>>
>> I know a fellow called Arnold Fox who reckoned DeSitter was wrong, too.
>
>You are attempting to muddy the waters.
>
>The plain fact of the matter is that you are hopelessly
>ignorant of the literature, and are likely to remain so for
>eternity.

Just read MY literature and you will learn considerably more than you will from
DeSitter.