From: Androcles on

"Uncle Ben" <ben(a)greenba.com> wrote in message
On Jul 29, 6:19 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 21:46:41 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Ben <b...(a)greenba.com>
> wrote:
> >There are those saying that the speed of light depends on the speed of
> >the source. This explains the MMX experiment neatly, but the theory
> >has now been refuted experimentally.
>
> >Let the speed of light emitted by a source moving at speed v be c +
> >kv, where k is to be determined experimentally. The theory propounded
> >by Androcles, NoEinstein and others in this newsgroup implies that
> >k=1. Einstein proposed that k=0.
>
> >The following account is copied from the collection of experimental
> >papers on SR at
>
> >http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SR/experiments.html#...
>
> >--------------------------------------------------------------------------�-------------------
> >Operation of FLASH, a free-electron laser,http://vuv-fel.desy.de/.
>
> >A free-electron laser generates highly collimated X-rays parallel to
> >the relativistic electron beam that is their source. If the region
> >that generates the X-rays is L meters long, and the speed of light
> >emitted from the moving electrons is c+kv (here v is essentially c),
> >then at the downstream end of that region the minimum pulse width is
> >k(L/c)/(1+k), because light emitted at the beginning arrives before
> >light emitted at the downstream end. For FLASH, L=30 meters,
> >v=0.9999997 c (700 MeV), and the observed X-ray pulse width is as
> >short as 25 fs. This puts an upper limit on k of 2.5�10-7. Optical
> >extinction is not present, as the entire process occurs in very high
> >vacuum.
>
> >--------------------------------------------------------------------------�--------------
>
> >k <= 0.00000025
>
> >Einstein wins decisively.
>
> >Uncle Ben
>
> Pathetic....as usual.
>
> The X-rays are emitted when the electrons interact with occasional gas
> molecules.....whose v>>0 wrt the apparatus frame.
>
> Henry Wilson...

Nope. It is a very high vacuum. No extinction.
================================
Nope. Bunched electrons interact with an optical laser.
Pathetic....as usual.

From: Henry Wilson DSc on
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:23:48 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Ben <ben(a)greenba.com> wrote:

>On Jul 29, 6:19�pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 21:46:41 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Ben <b...(a)greenba.com> wrote:
>> >There are those saying that the speed of light depends on the speed of
>> >the source. �This explains the MMX experiment neatly, but the theory
>> >has now been refuted experimentally.
>>
>> >Let the speed of light emitted by a source moving at speed v be c +
>> >kv, where k is to be determined experimentally. �The theory propounded
>> >by Androcles, NoEinstein and others in this newsgroup implies that
>> >k=1. �Einstein proposed that k=0.
>>
>> >The following �account is copied from the collection of experimental
>> >papers on SR at
>>
>> >http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SR/experiments.html#...
>>
>> >--------------------------------------------------------------------------�-------------------
>> >Operation of FLASH, a free-electron laser,http://vuv-fel.desy.de/.
>>
>> >A free-electron laser generates highly collimated X-rays parallel to
>> >the relativistic electron beam that is their source. If the region
>> >that generates the X-rays is L meters long, and the speed of light
>> >emitted from the moving electrons is c+kv (here v is essentially c),
>> >then at the downstream end of that region the minimum pulse width is
>> >k(L/c)/(1+k), because light emitted at the beginning arrives before
>> >light emitted at the downstream end. For FLASH, L=30 meters,
>> >v=0.9999997 c (700 MeV), and the observed X-ray pulse width is as
>> >short as 25 fs. This puts an upper limit on k of 2.5�10-7. Optical
>> >extinction is not present, as the entire process occurs in very high
>> >vacuum.
>>
>> >--------------------------------------------------------------------------�--------------
>>
>> >k <= 0.00000025
>>
>> >Einstein wins decisively.
>>
>> >Uncle Ben
>>
>> Pathetic....as usual.
>>
>> The X-rays are emitted when the electrons interact with occasional gas
>> molecules.....whose v>>0 wrt the apparatus frame.
>>
>> Henry Wilson...
>>
>Nope. It is a very high vacuum. No extinction.

Pathetic, as usual.

The vacuum might be high enough to avoid extinction but it is not high enough
to prevent the occasional interaction.

>Uncle Ben

Henry Wilson...

........Einstein's Relativity...The religion that worships negative space.
From: Tom Roberts on
Henry Wilson DSc wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:23:48 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Ben <ben(a)greenba.com> wrote:

>>> Pathetic....as usual.
>>>
>>> The X-rays are emitted when the electrons interact with occasional gas
>>> molecules.....whose v>>0 wrt the apparatus frame.
>>>
>>> Henry Wilson...
>>>
>> Nope. It is a very high vacuum. No extinction.
>
> Pathetic, as usual.
>
> The vacuum might be high enough to avoid extinction but it is not high enough
> to prevent the occasional interaction.

Such "occasional interactions" do indeed occur, but do not account for this: the
rest of the accelerator has SIMILAR (VERY LOW) DENSITIES OF GAS, but the
coherent x-rays are emitted ONLY when the beam is in the magnetic wiggler.
Beam-gas interactions cannot possibly account for this.

Tom Roberts
From: Androcles on

"Tom Roberts" <tjroberts137(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
| Henry Wilson DSc wrote:
| > On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:23:48 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Ben <ben(a)greenba.com>
wrote:

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SR/experiments.html#...

| >> Nope. It is a very high vacuum. No extinction.
| >
| > Pathetic, as usual.
| >
| > The vacuum might be high enough to avoid extinction but it is not high
enough
| > to prevent the occasional interaction.
|
| Such "occasional interactions" do indeed occur, but do not account for
this: the
| rest of the accelerator has SIMILAR (VERY LOW) DENSITIES OF GAS, but the
| coherent x-rays are emitted ONLY when the beam is in the magnetic wiggler.
| Beam-gas interactions cannot possibly account for this.
|

| Tom Roberts

The X-rays are emitted when the electrons interact. What they interact with
is irrelevant,
other than being at rest. Hence there is no suggestion that electrons emit
x-rays.
Besides which, when did you ever measure the speed of x-rays?
As usual, you conclude what you assumed in the first place, typical
relativist idiots circularity.

From: harald on
On Jul 30, 12:32 am, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 02:31:43 -0700 (PDT), harald <h...(a)swissonline.ch> wrote:
> >On Jul 29, 6:46 am, Uncle Ben <b...(a)greenba.com> wrote:
> >> There are those saying that the speed of light depends on the speed of
> >> the source.  This explains the MMX experiment neatly, but the theory
> >> has now been refuted experimentally.
>
> >It was already discredited (or, "refuted", but that's in the eyes of
> >the beholder) in the 19th century with the experiments of Fizeau on
> >"Fresnel drag".
>
> It wasn't. The phase shift at each interaction with an atom is still an unknown
> quantity and was not taken into account.

It is known and taken into account and you can read about that in any
good optics book. Or read a modern paper, such as (on my "to do
list"): http://pra.aps.org/abstract/PRA/v68/i6/e063819 .

> Without such knowledge, BaTh currently
> has NO precise theory about 'Fresnel Drag'.
>
> On the other hand, Fizeau clearly refutes SR.
>
> http://renshaw.teleinc.com/papers/fizeau4b/fizeau4b.stm

He made errors with the Doppler effect (that often happens).

Harald

> >> Let the speed of light emitted by a source moving at speed v be c +
> >> kv, where k is to be determined experimentally.  The theory propounded
> >> by Androcles, NoEinstein and others in this newsgroup implies that
> >> k=1.  Einstein proposed that k=0.
>
> >> The following  account is copied from the collection of experimental
> >> papers on SR at
>
> >>http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SR/experiments.html#....
>
> >> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> Operation of FLASH, a free-electron laser,http://vuv-fel.desy.de/.
>
> >> A free-electron laser generates highly collimated X-rays parallel to
> >> the relativistic electron beam that is their source. If the region
> >> that generates the X-rays is L meters long, and the speed of light
> >> emitted from the moving electrons is c+kv (here v is essentially c),
> >> then at the downstream end of that region the minimum pulse width is
> >> k(L/c)/(1+k), because light emitted at the beginning arrives before
> >> light emitted at the downstream end. For FLASH, L=30 meters,
> >> v=0.9999997 c (700 MeV), and the observed X-ray pulse width is as
> >> short as 25 fs. This puts an upper limit on k of 2.5×10-7. Optical
> >> extinction is not present, as the entire process occurs in very high
> >> vacuum.

> >> k <= 0.00000025
>
> >> Einstein wins decisively.
>
> >> Uncle Ben
>
> Henry Wilson...
>
> .......Einstein's Relativity...The religion that worships negative space.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Prev: Comment on RQG.
Next: WHY SCIENCE IS NOT PART OF CULTURE