From: Henry Wilson DSc on
On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 12:19:51 -0700 (PDT), Jerry <Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Aug 1, 3:35�am, "Androcles" <Headmas...(a)Hogwarts.physics_z> wrote:
>
>> As usual, the relativist logic is wrong, the undulator doesn't move at c.
>> Why should it emit photons at twice nothing?
>
>Wrong. Check out the Lienard-Wiechert potential:
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li%C3%A9nard-Wiechert_potential
>This describes the electromagnetic effect of a moving charge.

Totally inadequate. The equations are based on classical wave theory and
ignores quantum effects.

>Scroll down the article a bit. It is a time-dependent integral
>over charge density. In other words, only the motions of the
>charges matter. Other fields do not enter into the equation.

hahahhhahaha! The exact nature of the emission of EM quanta by accelerating
charges is not known.

Answer me this, old fella:

An electron is randomly accelerated so that it continuously emits lots of x-ray
QUANTA. In spite of this, the electron remains completely unchanged? How come?

>In other words, EM is generated when you wiggle a bunch of
>electrons. It doesn't matter -how- you wiggle them.

EM is randomly generated in quantum steps. Its direction of travel could
conceivably be related to the electron's acceleration but NOT its velocity.

> A typical method is to connect an antenna to the output of an
> RLC resonant circuit. The antenna doesn't need a magnetic field
> to operate correctly. EM is not emitted by the non-existent
> magnetic field in which the antenna does not operate.
>
> You could also stick a charged pith ball to the end of a ruler
> and wave it. EM is emitted by accelerated electrons in the pith
> ball. It is not emitted by the non-existent magnetic field in
> which you are not waving the ruler.

Can you describe the physical process that detemines exactly how and when these
EM quanta are emitted? Of course you can't. You haven't a clue.

> In an accelerator undulator, EM is emitted by the accelerating
> electrons. Magnets are important only in so far as they are the
> means by which you are accelerating the electrons. But the
> Lienard-Wiechert equation tells us that it is the electrons
> that are doing the emitting, not the static magnetic field that
> is forcing the electrons to wiggle.
>
>If you disagree with the above, then you need to supply a
>replacement for Maxwell's equations.

Maxwell's equations do not work for individual EM quanta. Even YOU should be
aware of that.

The plain fact is, the x-rays are created by the accelerating charge's action
on the applied field. I say 'FIELDS' themselves are quantized and EM quanta are
somehow emitted when an accelerated charge is forced through the applied
FIELD'S quantum energy levels. This happens because of the electron's mass and
inertia.

Thus, the x-rays are generated in the field not the charge. Their speed should
be c relative to the field lines.

However if you refuse to accept the radical new WILSON FIELD THEORY, I will
raise another point for you to stew over.

IF as you claim, the electron emits a high energy x-ray, what the hell do you
think happens to the electron's momentum and velocity?

By way of example, try firing a 1 kilogram bullet from a 1 kilogram gun.

>Good luck.
>
>Jerry

Henry Wilson...

........Einstein's Relativity...The religion that worships negative space.
From: Jerry on
On Aug 1, 5:29 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
> [...]
> > is forcing the electrons to wiggle.
>
> >If you disagree with the above, then you need to supply a
> >replacement for Maxwell's equations.
>
> Maxwell's equations do not work for individual EM quanta. Even YOU should be
> aware of that.
>
> The plain fact is, the x-rays are created by the accelerating charge's action
> on the applied field. I say 'FIELDS' themselves are quantized and EM quanta are
> somehow emitted when an accelerated charge is forced through the applied
> FIELD'S quantum energy levels. This happens because of the electron's mass and
> inertia.
>
> Thus, the x-rays are generated in the field not the charge. Their speed should
> be c relative to the field lines.
>
> However if you refuse to accept the radical new WILSON FIELD THEORY, I will
> raise another point for you to stew over.

What field theory? Have you presented a single equation?

Can you calculate ANYTHING with your so-called "theory"?

All you've done is present a scattershot set of ill-thought-out
objections with no grounding to them.

Just a few days ago, you were claiming that synchrotron radiation
resulted "when the electrons interact with occasional gas
molecules", which represented some sort of new low in stupidity.

Well, let's do a few simple checks of how well WFT compares with
with Maxwell's equations. Here are a couple of simple exercises for
you to solve:

(25 points) Bend a meter of wire into a circular dipole. Feed
the antenna current I(t) = I_0 sin (2 pi f t) where I_0 = 1 amp
and f = 60 Hz. Using WFT, calculate the radiated power.

Here is a second problem, a straight memorization problem:

(75 points) Present the equations of Wilson Field Theory.

You need to score 70% or above to pass. I recommend that you start
with the easy one, the straight memorization problem.

Jerry
From: Paul B. Andersen on
On 01.08.2010 00:31, Henry Wilson DSc wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 19:13:28 -0700 (PDT), blackhead<larryharson(a)softhome.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 30 July, 23:38, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:

>>> I can't see any reference in the experiment to your claims.
>>>
>>> How and why are the x-rays formed and who measured their speeds?
>>
>> Accelerated charge generates EM radiation. The wiggler "wiggles" and
>> so changes the direction of the electrons, causing them to radiate.
>> The speed of the electrons is what matters in this experiment. Here's
>> a link to a wiggler:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiggler_(synchrotron)
>>
>>> There is no reason why the x-ray pulse width should depend on the (constant)
>>> electron speed. X-rays are emitted over a certain electron travel time
>>> interval, around (L/c). They will arrive at a detector over the same time
>>> interval even if they move at 100c.
>>
>> Suppose you had just one electron entering the wiggler. The front end
>> of the pulse is generated when the electron enters the wiggler, the
>> back end when it leaves. If the front end of the pulse travels at the
>> same velocity as the electron, then the back end will be generated
>> where the electron and the front end of the pulse is, giving a pulse
>> width of zero.
>>
>> A wiggler has a length of the order of meters, with electrons
>> travelling around 1 meter per 3ns, yet the pulse width is of the order
>> fs. This would imply the X-rays travel close to the speed of the
>> electrons, don't you think?
>
> Pathetic
>
> You seem to be suggesting that the x-rays have a preferred direction.

How come a fully qualified physicist and Doctor of science can
be ignorant of the fact that synchrotron radiation is emitted
in a narrow cone along the direction of motion of the charged
particle?

Pathetic indeed.

--
Paul

http://home.c2i.net/pb_andersen/
From: Darwin123 on
On Aug 2, 5:43 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 04:58:55 -0700 (PDT), Jerry <Cephalobus_alie...(a)comcast.net>
> wrote:
>

> >On Aug 1, 5:29 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:

> Theories need models before any maths can be developed.
> I have made the discovery and provided the model....the cloned drones (mass
> produced graduates like little eric) can do the maths.
>
> Henry Wilson...

Spoken like a true middle-manager.
The Pointed Hair Boss (PHB) could say it no better.
From: Henry Wilson DSc on
On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 22:19:14 +0200, "Paul B. Andersen" <someone(a)somewhere.no>
wrote:

>On 01.08.2010 00:31, Henry Wilson DSc wrote:
>> On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 19:13:28 -0700 (PDT), blackhead<larryharson(a)softhome.net>
>> wrote:

>>> A wiggler has a length of the order of meters, with electrons
>>> travelling around 1 meter per 3ns, yet the pulse width is of the order
>>> fs. This would imply the X-rays travel close to the speed of the
>>> electrons, don't you think?
>>
>> Pathetic
>>
>> You seem to be suggesting that the x-rays have a preferred direction.
>

>How come a fully qualified physicist and Doctor of science can
>be ignorant of the fact that synchrotron radiation is emitted
>in a narrow cone along the direction of motion of the charged
>particle?
>
>Pathetic indeed.

Hahahahha!

Is that charged particle moving inertially? If it is, why should anything it
emits have a 'preferred direction'?

Henry Wilson...

........Einstein's Relativity...The religion that worships negative space.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Prev: Comment on RQG.
Next: WHY SCIENCE IS NOT PART OF CULTURE