From: eric gisse on
...@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
[...]

Always got an excuse ready, Ralph.
From: eric gisse on
...@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 02:31:43 -0700 (PDT), harald <hvan(a)swissonline.ch>
> wrote:
>
>>On Jul 29, 6:46 am, Uncle Ben <b...(a)greenba.com> wrote:
>>> There are those saying that the speed of light depends on the speed of
>>> the source. This explains the MMX experiment neatly, but the theory
>>> has now been refuted experimentally.
>>
>>It was already discredited (or, "refuted", but that's in the eyes of
>>the beholder) in the 19th century with the experiments of Fizeau on
>>"Fresnel drag".
>
> It wasn't. The phase shift at each interaction with an atom is still an
> unknown quantity and was not taken into account. Without such knowledge,
> BaTh currently has NO precise theory about 'Fresnel Drag'.

Still singing that old song, Ralph? Christ, you haven't looked at an optics
textbook in at least a half century have you?

> On the other hand, Fizeau clearly refutes SR.
>
> http://renshaw.teleinc.com/papers/fizeau4b/fizeau4b.stm

The only time you seem willing to read a paper and cite it is if it says
something that you agree with. And then there's no chance of changing your
mind even when the paper is wrong.

[...]
From: Henry Wilson DSc on
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 08:59:58 -0500, Tom Roberts <tjroberts137(a)sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>Henry Wilson DSc wrote:

>>> Nope. It is a very high vacuum. No extinction.
>>
>> Pathetic, as usual.
>>
>> The vacuum might be high enough to avoid extinction but it is not high enough
>> to prevent the occasional interaction.
>
>Such "occasional interactions" do indeed occur, but do not account for this: the
>rest of the accelerator has SIMILAR (VERY LOW) DENSITIES OF GAS, but the
>coherent x-rays are emitted ONLY when the beam is in the magnetic wiggler.

I can't see any reference in the experiment to your claims.

How and why are the x-rays formed and who measured their speeds?

There is no reason why the x-ray pulse width should depend on the (constant)
electron speed. X-rays are emitted over a certain electron travel time
interval, around (L/c). They will arrive at a detector over the same time
interval even if they move at 100c.

As usual, the relativist logic is wrong.

>Beam-gas interactions cannot possibly account for this.
>

>Tom Roberts

Henry Wilson...

........Einstein's Relativity...The religion that worships negative space.
From: blackhead on
On 30 July, 23:38, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 08:59:58 -0500, Tom Roberts <tjroberts...(a)sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
>

> >Henry Wilson DSc wrote:

> >> Pathetic, as usual.
>
> >> The vacuum might be high enough to avoid extinction but it is not high enough
> >> to prevent the occasional interaction.
>
> >Such "occasional interactions" do indeed occur, but do not account for this: the
> >rest of the accelerator has SIMILAR (VERY LOW) DENSITIES OF GAS, but the
> >coherent x-rays are emitted ONLY when the beam is in the magnetic wiggler.
>
> I can't see any reference in the experiment to your claims.
>
> How and why are the x-rays formed and who measured their speeds?

Accelerated charge generates EM radiation. The wiggler "wiggles" and
so changes the direction of the electrons, causing them to radiate.
The speed of the electrons is what matters in this experiment. Here's
a link to a wiggler:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiggler_(synchrotron)

> There is no reason why the x-ray pulse width should depend on the (constant)
> electron speed. X-rays are emitted over a certain electron travel time
> interval, around (L/c). They will arrive at a detector over the same time
> interval even if they move at 100c.

Suppose you had just one electron entering the wiggler. The front end
of the pulse is generated when the electron enters the wiggler, the
back end when it leaves. If the front end of the pulse travels at the
same velocity as the electron, then the back end will be generated
where the electron and the front end of the pulse is, giving a pulse
width of zero.

A wiggler has a length of the order of meters, with electrons
travelling around 1 meter per 3ns, yet the pulse width is of the order
fs. This would imply the X-rays travel close to the speed of the
electrons, don't you think?

From: Henry Wilson DSc on
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 19:13:28 -0700 (PDT), blackhead <larryharson(a)softhome.net>
wrote:

>On 30 July, 23:38, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
>> On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 08:59:58 -0500, Tom Roberts <tjroberts...(a)sbcglobal.net>
>> wrote:

>> >Such "occasional interactions" do indeed occur, but do not account for this: the
>> >rest of the accelerator has SIMILAR (VERY LOW) DENSITIES OF GAS, but the
>> >coherent x-rays are emitted ONLY when the beam is in the magnetic wiggler.
>>
>> I can't see any reference in the experiment to your claims.
>>
>> How and why are the x-rays formed and who measured their speeds?
>
>Accelerated charge generates EM radiation. The wiggler "wiggles" and
>so changes the direction of the electrons, causing them to radiate.
>The speed of the electrons is what matters in this experiment. Here's
>a link to a wiggler:
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiggler_(synchrotron)
>
>> There is no reason why the x-ray pulse width should depend on the (constant)
>> electron speed. X-rays are emitted over a certain electron travel time
>> interval, around (L/c). They will arrive at a detector over the same time
>> interval even if they move at 100c.
>
>Suppose you had just one electron entering the wiggler. The front end
>of the pulse is generated when the electron enters the wiggler, the
>back end when it leaves. If the front end of the pulse travels at the
>same velocity as the electron, then the back end will be generated
>where the electron and the front end of the pulse is, giving a pulse
>width of zero.
>
>A wiggler has a length of the order of meters, with electrons
>travelling around 1 meter per 3ns, yet the pulse width is of the order
>fs. This would imply the X-rays travel close to the speed of the
>electrons, don't you think?

Pathetic

You seem to be suggesting that the x-rays have a preferred direction.

Henry Wilson...

........Einstein's Relativity...The religion that worships negative space.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Prev: Comment on RQG.
Next: WHY SCIENCE IS NOT PART OF CULTURE