From: Pete D on

"Cynicor" <truuupin(a)opt.i.m.um.net> wrote in message
>I went to see a friend's band last night in Brooklyn. Before I headed over,
>I went down to the waterfront to take a couple of photos of Manhattan. I
>went down a street right at the East River where I saw some people
>congregated, and set up. There were older two guys sitting there drinking
>beer and smoking.
>
> After i took the first batch of photos, one of the guys said to me in
> almost a whisper, "You want better view, go down to Huron. It's two blocks
> over."
>
> I thanked him for the tip. Just then, his friend piped up. "You don't
> wanna go down to Huron. Huron's where the scumbags are." He then
> continued, "Who's this guy Brett Favre, anyway? My Giants beat him in the
> playoffs last year. He's got more gray hair than I do." The two guys then
> started arguing Jets vs. Giants, and I took off for Huron.
>
> http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/954699_ng2Rz#348665979_gU64t-X2-LB

Nice but the dust bunnies spoil the shot.

From: Pete D on

"John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> David J. Littleboy wrote:

>>> That's too bad. I really like some of the effects I can get by using a
>>> super-wide (11-18) held portrait.
>>
>> Yep. It's fun: http://www.pbase.com/davidjl/image/43504181/large
>>
>> Even with my 19" 1290x1024 LCD, I have to go fullscreen to view portrait
>> orientation images (and even then they often go partly offscreen), and a
>> lot of the displays in my price range are widescreen with
>> <gobsandgobs>x1024 pixels. No thanks.
>>
>> At some point, I'll get a 22" 1200x1600 display, but they're pricey, so
>> I'm hesitating.
>>
> Just get an iMac, 1920 x 1200, and comes with state of the art processor.
>
> --
> john mcwilliams

LOL!

From: Scott W on
On Aug 10, 3:30 pm, "David J. Littleboy" <davi...(a)gol.com> wrote:
> At some point, I'll get a 22" 1200x1600 display, but they're
pricey, so I'm
> hesitating.

I just picked up a 1200x1920 Samsung (SyncMaster 2443) from Costco for
$350, it is very nice.

Scott
From: Cynicor on
Pete D wrote:
> "Cynicor" <truuupin(a)opt.i.m.um.net> wrote in message
>> I went to see a friend's band last night in Brooklyn. Before I headed over,
>> I went down to the waterfront to take a couple of photos of Manhattan. I
>> went down a street right at the East River where I saw some people
>> congregated, and set up. There were older two guys sitting there drinking
>> beer and smoking.
>>
>> After i took the first batch of photos, one of the guys said to me in
>> almost a whisper, "You want better view, go down to Huron. It's two blocks
>> over."
>>
>> I thanked him for the tip. Just then, his friend piped up. "You don't
>> wanna go down to Huron. Huron's where the scumbags are." He then
>> continued, "Who's this guy Brett Favre, anyway? My Giants beat him in the
>> playoffs last year. He's got more gray hair than I do." The two guys then
>> started arguing Jets vs. Giants, and I took off for Huron.
>>
>> http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/954699_ng2Rz#348665979_gU64t-X2-LB
>
> Nice but the dust bunnies spoil the shot.

Didn't even see them. They're cleaned off now.
From: Frank ess on

Cynicor wrote:
> Pete D wrote:
>> "Cynicor" <truuupin(a)opt.i.m.um.net> wrote in message
>>> I went to see a friend's band last night in Brooklyn. Before I
>>> headed over, I went down to the waterfront to take a couple of
>>> photos of Manhattan. I went down a street right at the East River
>>> where I saw some people congregated, and set up. There were older
>>> two guys sitting there drinking beer and smoking.
>>>
>>> After i took the first batch of photos, one of the guys said to
>>> me in almost a whisper, "You want better view, go down to Huron.
>>> It's two blocks over."
>>>
>>> I thanked him for the tip. Just then, his friend piped up. "You
>>> don't wanna go down to Huron. Huron's where the scumbags are." He
>>> then continued, "Who's this guy Brett Favre, anyway? My Giants
>>> beat him in the playoffs last year. He's got more gray hair than
>>> I do." The two guys then started arguing Jets vs. Giants, and I
>>> took off for Huron.
>>> http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/954699_ng2Rz#348665979_gU64t-X2-LB
>>
>> Nice but the dust bunnies spoil the shot.
>
> Didn't even see them. They're cleaned off now.

Very, very nice. Plenty of color, plenty of interest and detail, many
relationships, very clear on the buildings.

I need to get my computer-monitor glasses checked. The tall buildings
seem atilt to me.

Thank you for the opportunity.

--
Frank ess