From: David Kaye on
"Dell Christopher" <dellc99(a)aim.com> wrote:
>Would that also explain why the other programs I listed didn't see it
>either?

Very likely.

From: smurf on
David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Dell Christopher" <dellc99(a)aim.com>
>
>> Would that also explain why the other programs I listed didn't see it
>> either?
>
> It is only an assumption that you may have a TDL3 RootKit.
>
> Have you used Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware ?
> http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/program/mbam-setup.exe

Malwarebytes is excellent, but its rootkit detection doesnt seem to hot,
combofix seems much better.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "smurf" <smurf(a)smurf.com>

| David H. Lipman wrote:
>> From: "Dell Christopher" <dellc99(a)aim.com>

>>> Would that also explain why the other programs I listed didn't see it
>>> either?

>> It is only an assumption that you may have a TDL3 RootKit.

>> Have you used Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware ?
>> http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/program/mbam-setup.exe

| Malwarebytes is excellent, but its rootkit detection doesnt seem to hot,
| combofix seems much better.

I was waiting read something like that. It tells me you know NOTHING about both of them.
The person who wrote ComboFix is also on the software eng. team, of MBAM so what is in
ComboFix is incorporated into MBAM.

--
Dave

From: Dell Christopher on
FWIW, I think Malwarebytes is an excellent program and I use it regularly.
However, it has failed multiple times recently to detect this very problem
with browser redirects (yes, I'm using the updated Version 1.46 and always
updating first before scanning).

I don't claim to know everything about either program. I'm only reporting
actual results. I will still continue to use MWB, but I'm also very glad to
know ComboFix is available, too.

From: David Kaye on
"Dell Christopher" <dellc99(a)aim.com> wrote:

>FWIW, I think Malwarebytes is an excellent program and I use it regularly.
>However, it has failed multiple times recently to detect this very problem
>with browser redirects (yes, I'm using the updated Version 1.46 and always
>updating first before scanning).

That's been my experience as well, and I deal with this stuff daily.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Lamest phishing atempt I have seen yet!
Next: Freenet