From: Dell Christopher on
I've done a pretty thorough cleaning of my WinXP system using the following
tools:

Spywareblaster
Spybot S&D
AVG 9.0
Malwarebytes
CCleaner

I've also turned System Restore OFF and back ON, and reset Internet
Explorer. Nevertheless, I'm still getting browser pop-ups and redirects
with both IE and Firefox. I'm at a loss as to how there is still something
bad in there that I can't get to. If there is another good tool out there,
I'd love to hear about it.

All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

From: Buffalo on

Dell Christopher wrote:
> I've done a pretty thorough cleaning of my WinXP system using the
> following tools:
>
> Spywareblaster
> Spybot S&D
> AVG 9.0
> Malwarebytes
> CCleaner
>
> I've also turned System Restore OFF and back ON, and reset Internet
> Explorer. Nevertheless, I'm still getting browser pop-ups and
> redirects with both IE and Firefox. I'm at a loss as to how there is
> still something bad in there that I can't get to. If there is
> another good tool out there, I'd love to hear about it.
>
> All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Until you get other answers, try the free version of SuperAntiSpyware which
can be found on the webpage of the same name.
Be sure to update it before you run it. It does not ask you to pay to
eliminate what it finds.
Buffalo

From: siljaline on
Dell Christopher wrote:
> I've done a pretty thorough cleaning of my WinXP system using the following
> tools:
>
> Spywareblaster
> Spybot S&D
> AVG 9.0
> Malwarebytes
> CCleaner
>
> I've also turned System Restore OFF and back ON, and reset Internet
> Explorer. Nevertheless, I'm still getting browser pop-ups and redirects
> with both IE and Firefox. I'm at a loss as to how there is still something
> bad in there that I can't get to. If there is another good tool out there,
> I'd love to hear about it.
>
> All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Have you issue fixed here >
<http://www.smokey-services.eu/forums/index.php/board,5.0.html>

Tell them siljaline sent you.

Good luck !

Silj

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

From: Dell Christopher on
I will try SAS. In the meantime, I came across ComboFix and it identified
some rootkit activity. After completing its scan on a reboot, the browser
is behaving normally.

Many thanks for the replies.

From: smurf on
Dell Christopher wrote:
> I've done a pretty thorough cleaning of my WinXP system using the
> following tools:
>
> Spywareblaster
> Spybot S&D
> AVG 9.0
> Malwarebytes
> CCleaner
>
> I've also turned System Restore OFF and back ON, and reset Internet
> Explorer. Nevertheless, I'm still getting browser pop-ups and
> redirects with both IE and Firefox. I'm at a loss as to how there is
> still something bad in there that I can't get to. If there is
> another good tool out there, I'd love to hear about it.
>
> All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

tdds killer and combofix might be in order

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Lamest phishing atempt I have seen yet!
Next: Freenet