From: James Morrow on
In article <i2j9i6$k1m$2(a)news.eternal-september.org>, sfdavidkaye2
@yahoo.com says...
> sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:
>
> >Once in a blue moon I'll hear from them again with a malware issue but it's
> >usually something really dumb they've done, such as falling for the fad of the
> >month, which lately is "registry cleaners" they've seen advertised on TV that
> >are really malware.
>
> Oh, and the other Big Thing is the "driver updater" program. Why people think
> that they need driver updates for machines that are working perfectly well I
> don't know, but I've had a bunch of those. I'm not sure that they "update"
> any drivers at all, but they sure want you to spend a bunch of money to make
> their nag screens go away.

The worst mess I ever created on a computer many years ago was the
result of my efforts to update a group of drivers that should have been
left alone. My advise is don't do it. It you don't really really need
to update drivers leave them alone.

--
James E. Morrow
Email to: jamesemorrow(a)email.com
From: Dustin on
sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote in news:i2j9di$k1m$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

> Dustin <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Any of them sucked by the mycleanpc commercial so far? I thought
>>finallyfast was funny, but... this one has fixed the glitches in that
>>commercial. :)
>
> Yeah, and MaxMySpeed.com and a bunch of others. Usually they're just
> resellers of CyberDefender.

Aye.. hasn't changed much then.. figures.

--
"I like your Christ. I don't like your Christians. They are so unlike
your Christ." - author unknown.
From: zxcar on
Have you tried here:
http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=7

From: ~BD~ on
Dustin Cook said recently ......

"Then, why the need to post that url and place other systems in
potential harms way? The site you quote offers all kinds of malware"

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.politics.scorched-earth/msg/2d1b16cf98f51ec3?hl=en

I'd very much like to know why Dustin Cook feels that
hxxp://www.uniblue.com/ "offers all kinds of malware"

Does anyone else here feel the same way?

Has anyone used any of the 'tools' offered by Uniblue or the forerunner,
hxxp://www.liutilities.com/ ? If so, any comments as to them being good
or bad?

TIA

Dave
From: Dustin on
~BD~ <BoaterDave~no.spam~@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in

> Dustin Cook said recently ......
>
> "Then, why the need to post that url and place other systems in
> potential harms way? The site you quote offers all kinds of malware"
>
> http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.politics.scorched-earth/msg/2d1b
> 16cf98f51ec3?hl=en
>
> I'd very much like to know why Dustin Cook feels that
> hxxp://www.uniblue.com/ "offers all kinds of malware"

Download the programs onto your laptop you keep on the boat. Please,
install them. Report back your results. :) For anyone who does care about
their machines, do NOT follow this advice; it was purely intended for BD.

> Does anyone else here feel the same way?

I think most? others know how to google a website to read up on it.
Saddening that you still don't, after all this time.

--
"I like your Christ. I don't like your Christians. They are so unlike
your Christ." - author unknown.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Lamest phishing atempt I have seen yet!
Next: Freenet