From: Dustin on
~BD~ <BoaterDave~no.spam~@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in

> Dustin Cook said recently ......
>
> "Then, why the need to post that url and place other systems in
> potential harms way? The site you quote offers all kinds of malware"
>
> http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.politics.scorched-earth/msg/2d1b
> 16cf98f51ec3?hl=en
>
> I'd very much like to know why Dustin Cook feels that
> hxxp://www.uniblue.com/ "offers all kinds of malware"

It's speedupmypc!

I bet you thought the finallyfast! stuff was legit too. <G>

--
"I like your Christ. I don't like your Christians. They are so unlike
your Christ." - author unknown.
From: Peter Foldes on
David

You are such a clueless idiot that there is no other. You pretend to know everything
yet you know nothing. What a waste of a person

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: ~BD~ on
Dustin wrote:
> ~BD~<BoaterDave~no.spam~@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in
>
>> Dustin Cook said recently ......
>>
>> "Then, why the need to post that url and place other systems in
>> potential harms way? The site you quote offers all kinds of malware"
>>
>> http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.politics.scorched-earth/msg/2d1b
>> 16cf98f51ec3?hl=en
>>
>> I'd very much like to know why Dustin Cook feels that
>> hxxp://www.uniblue.com/ "offers all kinds of malware"
>
> Download the programs onto your laptop you keep on the boat. Please,
> install them. Report back your results. :) For anyone who does care about
> their machines, do NOT follow this advice; it was purely intended for BD.

Hey Dustin! I did that!

Registry Booster found 145 System Related Errors and 52 User Related
Errors - but then wanted me to *pay* to get the software to fix the errors.

Is this like snake oil? A scam of some sort?

>> Does anyone else here feel the same way?
>
> I think most? others know how to google a website to read up on it.
> Saddening that you still don't, after all this time.

I can Google, Dustin but I've seen nothing that tells me that Uniblue
products are malware (you said "The site you quote offers all kinds of
malware"). Please cite a reference.

I *do* have a real concern.

Whilst away on my boat earlier this summer, one of my elderly friends
who has two laptops - one XP and the other Vista - downloaded the
Uniblue Registry Booster programme, paid for it and installed it on each
laptop.

He reports that the performance of both computers has improved. (Rolls
eyes!)

My concern is that he might well have compromised his machines
unwittingly, especially in view of Dustin's comments.

Advice welcomed!

--
Dave
From: Dustin on

> Dustin wrote:
>> ~BD~<BoaterDave~no.spam~@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in
>>
>>> Dustin Cook said recently ......
>>>
>>> "Then, why the need to post that url and place other systems in
>>> potential harms way? The site you quote offers all kinds of
>>> malware"
>>>
>>> http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.politics.scorched-earth/msg/2d
>>> 1b 16cf98f51ec3?hl=en
>>>
>>> I'd very much like to know why Dustin Cook feels that
>>> hxxp://www.uniblue.com/ "offers all kinds of malware"
>>
>> Download the programs onto your laptop you keep on the boat.
>> Please, install them. Report back your results. :) For anyone who
>> does care about their machines, do NOT follow this advice; it was
>> purely intended for BD.
>
> Hey Dustin! I did that!
>
> Registry Booster found 145 System Related Errors and 52 User Related
> Errors - but then wanted me to *pay* to get the software to fix the
> errors.
>
> Is this like snake oil? A scam of some sort?

Hey Hey! You catch on quick BD. now, uninstall the software and pray it
removes everything and doesn't leave any browser hijacks around to mess
with you.

>> I think most? others know how to google a website to read up on it.
>> Saddening that you still don't, after all this time.
>
> I can Google, Dustin but I've seen nothing that tells me that
> Uniblue products are malware (you said "The site you quote offers
> all kinds of malware"). Please cite a reference.

It's time you learn to properly use google, find the reference.

> I *do* have a real concern.
>
> Whilst away on my boat earlier this summer, one of my elderly
> friends who has two laptops - one XP and the other Vista -
> downloaded the Uniblue Registry Booster programme, paid for it and
> installed it on each laptop.
>
> He reports that the performance of both computers has improved.
> (Rolls eyes!)
>
> My concern is that he might well have compromised his machines
> unwittingly, especially in view of Dustin's comments.

registry booster eh? Compromised as in let a bad guy in? probably not,
no. however....

http://www.windowsbbs.com/general-security/91697-uniblue-registry-
cleaner-any-good.html

Damn, BD, that's the same pos uniblue junk you couldn't google a
reference for. <G> Learn to use google, dipshit.

More advice for you:
http://chris.pirillo.com/are-registry-cleaners-safe-to-use/
http://www.edbott.com/weblog/?p=643

From: smurf on
~BD~ wrote:
> Dustin wrote:
>> ~BD~<BoaterDave~no.spam~@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in
>>
>>> Dustin Cook said recently ......
>>>
>>> "Then, why the need to post that url and place other systems in
>>> potential harms way? The site you quote offers all kinds of malware"
>>>
>>> http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.politics.scorched-earth/msg/2d1b
>>> 16cf98f51ec3?hl=en
>>>
>>> I'd very much like to know why Dustin Cook feels that
>>> hxxp://www.uniblue.com/ "offers all kinds of malware"
>>
>> Download the programs onto your laptop you keep on the boat. Please,
>> install them. Report back your results. :) For anyone who does care
>> about their machines, do NOT follow this advice; it was purely
>> intended for BD.
>
> Hey Dustin! I did that!
>
> Registry Booster found 145 System Related Errors and 52 User Related
> Errors - but then wanted me to *pay* to get the software to fix the
> errors.
> Is this like snake oil? A scam of some sort?
>
>>> Does anyone else here feel the same way?
>>
>> I think most? others know how to google a website to read up on it.
>> Saddening that you still don't, after all this time.
>
> I can Google, Dustin but I've seen nothing that tells me that Uniblue
> products are malware (you said "The site you quote offers all kinds of
> malware"). Please cite a reference.
>
> I *do* have a real concern.
>
> Whilst away on my boat earlier this summer, one of my elderly friends
> who has two laptops - one XP and the other Vista - downloaded the
> Uniblue Registry Booster programme, paid for it and installed it on
> each laptop.
>
> He reports that the performance of both computers has improved. (Rolls
> eyes!)
>
> My concern is that he might well have compromised his machines
> unwittingly, especially in view of Dustin's comments.
>
> Advice welcomed!

I dont think they are rogue programmes, just more akin to snake oil. They
exagerrate the number of errors on your machine they claim they can fix, and
they are a few tricks that can be done to make a default system feel like it
is running quicker, but probably nothing that ccleaner cant do for free.

Has anyone noticed how both Norton and Mcafee have got in on the rogue anti
virus business? Instead of spending their energies examining why their
woeful security software is incapable of either preventing infection or
cleaning up infections, they have actually adopted the business model of the
rogue companies.

I cam across a person a while ago who had installed a free 'norton security
scan', it was warning her about hundreds of serious security infections on
her machine and that she should buy the full product to clean them up. The
serious security infections? Yes, you got it, tracking cookies.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Lamest phishing atempt I have seen yet!
Next: Freenet