From: BigRed on

> I'm hoping, but I seriously doubt it.

I ended up getting one on clearance in the city on Sunday - will let you
know when I try it ! ;-)
From: John on

"Tristan Mumford" <xtristan.xmumford(a)xgmail.xcom> wrote in message
> John wrote:
>

>> "Tristan Mumford" <xtristan.xmumford(a)xgmail.xcom> wrote in message

>>> I hate to say this, but I still see them in the stores here (Australia).
>>> The
>>> Target here still has pretty much the stock they started with. Or at
>>> least they did a couple of days before Xmas. I'd have to take another
>>> look though.
>>>
>> What are they asking for them?
>
> $50 I believe.

Tell 'em they're dreamin.

From: agila61 on
John wrote:
> >> What are they asking for them?
> > $50 I believe.

> Tell 'em they're dreamin.

A$50 is the same price that sold out in some other parts of Australia
last year. Electronic gear always costs more in Oz ... when the A$ is
low, that is the excuse, and when its high, protecting themselves in
case it falls is the excuse.

From: Tristan Mumford on
agila61(a)netscape.net wrote:

>> > $50 I believe.
>
>> Tell 'em they're dreamin.
>
> A$50 is the same price that sold out in some other parts of Australia
> last year. Electronic gear always costs more in Oz ... when the A$ is
> low, that is the excuse, and when its high, protecting themselves in
> case it falls is the excuse.

Exactly! that's why a lot of people (myself included) buy overseas where
possible. It works out far cheaper, even with postage.

There's always talk of keeping the dollar in Australia etc. I'd gladly do it
if they weren't trying their hardest to gouge people.

I'd much rather give my money to some honest individual overseas than
someone trying to pick my pocket over here. Why would I willingly give a
thief money?

< /rant >

That's why I never got a DTV :)

--
-----> http://members.dodo.com.au/~izabellion1/tristan/index.html <-----
===== It's not pretty, it's not great, but it is mine. =====
From: Clockmeister on

> agila61(a)netscape.net wrote:

>>> Tell 'em they're dreamin.
>>
>> A$50 is the same price that sold out in some other parts of Australia
>> last year. Electronic gear always costs more in Oz ... when the A$ is
>> low, that is the excuse, and when its high, protecting themselves in
>> case it falls is the excuse.
>
> Exactly! that's why a lot of people (myself included) buy overseas where
> possible. It works out far cheaper, even with postage.
>
> There's always talk of keeping the dollar in Australia etc. I'd gladly do
> it
> if they weren't trying their hardest to gouge people.
>
> I'd much rather give my money to some honest individual overseas than
> someone trying to pick my pocket over here. Why would I willingly give a
> thief money?
>
> < /rant >
>
> That's why I never got a DTV :)

I bought mine for $29.95 and then later they went as low as $24.95 when they
were on special.

$50 was the introductory price but they soon dropped.