From: BigRed on
BigRed wrote:

>> I'm hoping, but I seriously doubt it.
>
> I ended up getting one on clearance in the city on Sunday - will let you
> know when I try it ! ;-)

"050927" - same old fault eg- unreadable colours in Winter Games
selection screen.
So back to Target I go....
From: agila61 on
bud wrote:
> We may be getting info from different sources

No, not different sources, just a matter of how deeply you dig into the
sources.

> - For 3+ years, the US economy has added more jobs than the EU and Japan, _combined_;

On a headcount basis, it is easier for the US economy to add jobs,
because an additional 10 hours job rolling burritos at Taco Bell is, on
a headcount, equal to a full time job.

> - (In the last year) Real (adjusted for inflation) income has risen by 2.5%

Mean, not median. Nobody denies that the top 20% of the income ladder
have done well over the past four years.

> - Real after-tax-income has risen by 9.6%.

Mean, not median ... and *nobody* denies that the top 20% have done
really good in the past four years after taxes.

> >Yeah, that's why the current account
> >deficit is heading toward 10% of GDP,...

> GDP? Not GNP? ((-:

No, not GNP. Why would you use GNP to determine the level of economic
activity in an open economy>

> >and we have the weakest job creation of any recovery since WWII. ...

> Recovery from what? The 'Clinton economy'?

No, the Clinton economy was the the previous recovery, and combined
budget surpluses at the equivalent time in the business cycle with
stronger job growth.

> I sympathize that you apparently didn't realize this before you came back. I suppose you would have done better staying in Australia.

Sure, *I* would have done better, but while I was gone the radical
right wing loonie toonies took over Washington, and when I came back
they started to lose power ... so I guess staying home is just the
responsible thing to do.

And with any luck, some of the loonie toonies are only crazy with
respect to politics, and now that they have more time on their hands
they can start a hobby, like playing around with legacy computers. That
would be a real win-win.

From: Nobody on
BigRed wrote:
> BigRed wrote:
>>
>>> I'm hoping, but I seriously doubt it.
>>
>> I ended up getting one on clearance in the city on Sunday - will let
>> you know when I try it ! ;-)
>
> "050927" - same old fault eg- unreadable colours in Winter Games
> selection screen.
> So back to Target I go....

I only recently discovered the DTV and was wondering whether the
majority of targets still stock them? I had heard that some have sent
them back to the wholesaler.
From: Clockmeister on

"Nobody" <nobody(a)email.com> wrote in message
> BigRed wrote:

>>> I ended up getting one on clearance in the city on Sunday - will let you
>>> know when I try it ! ;-)
>>
>> "050927" - same old fault eg- unreadable colours in Winter Games
>> selection screen.
>> So back to Target I go....
>
> I only recently discovered the DTV and was wondering whether the majority
> of targets still stock them? I had heard that some have sent them back to
> the wholesaler.

Our local Target stores (Perth area) haven't had them for a long time.