From: Ken Hagan on
Skybuck Flying wrote:

> Can you answer my other questions too, are did MIT dumb you down to much to
> answer it ? ;)

I probably can, but you spelled "or" incorrectly and I've never been to
MIT and, to paraphrase Arthur C. Clarke, "Any sufficiently rude Usenet
poster is indistinguishable from a troll.".

> Bye,
> Skybuck.

Bye.
From: "Peter "Firefly" Lund" on
On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Skybuck Flying wrote:

> I seek a simple but realistic answer to my question for a real world device.
> If it's not simple then so be it.
>
> I do not seek a dumbed down version of reality so the MIT open courseware is
> not for me.

Go see your doctor to find out if you have ADHD or if it's a manic episode
coming on. Please. I think it might be the latter.

-Peter

PS: I would have mailed you directly but you didn't provide an address
(and I couldn't be bothered to look at the one Dennis dug up).
From: Skybuck Flying on
"Ken Hagan" <K.Hagan(a)thermoteknix.co.uk> wrote in message
> Skybuck Flying wrote:
> >
> > Can you answer my other questions too, are did MIT dumb you down to much
> > answer it ? ;)
>
> I probably can, but you spelled "or" incorrectly and I've never been to
> MIT and, to paraphrase Arthur C. Clarke, "Any sufficiently rude Usenet
> poster is indistinguishable from a troll.".

I had a feeling you weren't ever at MIT because you ain't dumbed down. It
was just a joke ;)

Skybuck: "Having a conversation with a troll can be very usefull as well."

Thanks to a troll I found out my code is a universal code :D

How funny is that ? :):):):)

Bye,
Skybuck ;)

From: Derek Gladding on
Skybuck Flying wrote:

> "Bob Monsen" <rcsurname(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Skybuck Flying wrote:
>> > "Bob Monsen" <rcsurname(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

Hi Skybuck

[snip]

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=transmission+line+theory&btnG=Google+Search

>> > and can be detected by devices, ports etc.

Just off of the top of my head (it's 5.30am here, and I've just done
a 16 hour day ... are you *sure* you want to move into this field? ;-) )

Here's some pointers to help with your research:

(warning, links may have wrapped)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=schmitt+trigger&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=transistor+switching+frequency&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=dynamic+current+vlsi&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?q=capacitive+load&btnG=Search&hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=signal+to+noise+ratio&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=ground+bounce&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=phase+locked+loop&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=clock+recovery&btnG=Search

There's a lot more than this, but IO isn't really my core experience.
Hopefully this will give you a starting point.

[snip]

> I seek a simple but realistic answer to my question for a real world
> device. If it's not simple then so be it.
>
> I do not seek a dumbed down version of reality so the MIT open courseware
> is not for me.

Everything you will ever deal with in electronics, logic, or computer
architecture is an approximation to some degree. One of the key skills
is choosing the right approximation for the specific task at hand.

HTH

- Derek

From: Del Cecchi on

"Derek Gladding" <derek-spammenot(a)ebollocks.net> wrote in message
> Skybuck Flying wrote:
>

>> "Bob Monsen" <rcsurname(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>
> Hi Skybuck
>
> [snip]

>> signal

Somewhere between 10 and 30 cm/ns or 35 to 100 ps/cm.

> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=transmission+line+theory&btnG=Google+Search

> Just off of the top of my head (it's 5.30am here, and I've just done
> a 16 hour day ... are you *sure* you want to move into this field?
> ;-) )
>
> Here's some pointers to help with your research:
>
> (warning, links may have wrapped)
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=schmitt+trigger&btnG=Search
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=transistor+switching+frequency&btnG=Search
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=dynamic+current+vlsi&btnG=Search
> http://www.google.com/search?q=capacitive+load&btnG=Search&hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=signal+to+noise+ratio&btnG=Search
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=ground+bounce&btnG=Search
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=phase+locked+loop&btnG=Search
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=clock+recovery&btnG=Search
>
> There's a lot more than this, but IO isn't really my core experience.
> Hopefully this will give you a starting point.

I/O is my experience, but I'm not sure skybuck is worth helping, given
past history.