From: Eduardo on
One solution could be to replace the Msflexgrid with a custom grid made
by code.

Here I found a grid:
http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=67906&lngWId=1

I don't know how much its properties are compatible with the flexgrid
ones, may be you'll have to change the code.
From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
Eduardo <mm(a)mm.com> wrote:

>One solution could be to replace the Msflexgrid with a custom grid made
>by code.
>
>Here I found a grid:
>http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=67906&lngWId=1
>
>I don't know how much its properties are compatible with the flexgrid
>ones, may be you'll have to change the code.

Oh my - "27 thousand lines of code"

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
For a free, convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files
From: Mojo on
Yes, many thanks everybody.

The gurus never let me down :0)

"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote in message
"Mojo" <please(a)dont.spam.com> wrote:

>My query is therefore, can I put the MSFLXGRD.OCX in my portable folder and
>simply call/use it within my app without having to put it in the system
>folder and register it????

Thanks for asking this question. Some very interesting and useful
answers.

Tony

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Eduardo wrote:
> Karl E. Peterson escribi�:
>> Tony Toews [MVP] wrote:
>>> Now if MS does stop including the VB6 runtime in Windows 8 I wonder if
>>> this could be used to include the VB6 runtime with your app?
>>
>> A common misconception about the VB runtime is that it needs to be
>> installed/registered. Just not the case. You can run a ClassicVB application
>> directly off a CD if the runtime exists in the same folder as the exe, just as it
>> would work with any other standard DLL. It's really that simple, until you start
>> dragging other ActiveX stuff into it.
>
> I didn't test it with VB6, but with VB5 I did and it didn't work.
>
> It was when I wanted to show an install screen from the autorun of a CD.
> I had to do it in VB4, because I found that VB4 dlls worked without
> being installed and registered, but not the VB5 ones.
> But as I said, I didn't test it with VB6.
>
> Are you sure about that?

I will find out this afternoon! I have a box I was going to do a fresh test install
of Windows 7 on. I'm pretty darned sure I've tried it with the VB5 runtime before.
--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Eduardo wrote:
> Karl E. Peterson escribi�:
>> Tony Toews [MVP] wrote:
>>> Now if MS does stop including the VB6 runtime in Windows 8 I wonder if
>>> this could be used to include the VB6 runtime with your app?
>>
>> A common misconception about the VB runtime is that it needs to be
>> installed/registered. Just not the case. You can run a ClassicVB application
>> directly off a CD if the runtime exists in the same folder as the exe, just as it
>> would work with any other standard DLL. It's really that simple, until you start
>> dragging other ActiveX stuff into it.
>
> I didn't test it with VB6, but with VB5 I did and it didn't work.
>
> It was when I wanted to show an install screen from the autorun of a CD.
> I had to do it in VB4, because I found that VB4 dlls worked without
> being installed and registered, but not the VB5 ones.
> But as I said, I didn't test it with VB6.
>
> Are you sure about that?

Okay, yes, I am now. Again.

I just built a brand new Windows 7 Enterprise box from scratch. Upon getting it up,
I stuck some VB5 authored EXEs in a folder, and when I tried running them I got
this:

The program can't start because MSVBVM50.DLL is missing from your
computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

So I copied that DLL from another machine into the same folder as the EXEs, and they
all worked perfectly. I then renamed the DLL, and again the EXEs generated the
above failure. Renamed it back how it should be, and they work.

What more can I try to make it fail as you say you did?
--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org