From: Bob AZ on

> You mention "DVI port" -- ?? Must have to do with the graphics card.
> My box is 9 mo old, Intel E8400, runs Win 7, and I think just has the
> graphics stuff on the main board. Will I need to buy a graphics card
> to drive the Dell?

Wally

A DVI port is simply an upgraded video connector and the associated
circuitry necessary to transmit better information from the computer
to the monitor. Sometimes the DVI port carrier more than video and
perhaps additional video information additional monitors. I went to
DVI when I obtained my Dell Monitor. A video card was necessary
because at that time no Motherboard video connector was DVI. I bought
my latest video card from Newegg. They had a real bargain and I bought
two each. SOmething like $40.00 for both. I had a difficult time
driver online. Had to delete the first driver before the second one
would work. Always problems with getting to the next level. I go to a
monthly auction that always has lots of video cables so the DVI cable
was no problem. And there are several different types of DVI setups.
Beware of which one you need. Newegg always has the corect ones.

I would not imagine you will absolutely have to buy a new graphics
card for the Dell. This will depend partly on the present video
connector on the present Dell. Take a close look at the online
pictures.

Take care
Bob AZ