From: nospam on
In article <nmdtv5pnrv138v2f2avsqm27c2kp6vj1q0(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> >One problem with these super-zooms is that their often unfairly compared
> >to D-SLRs rather than to P&Ss. Of course they'll never be able to be as
> >good as D-SLR with a much larger, much lower noise sensor, and the
> >AF/lag will never be as good with contrast detection AF as it is with
> >phase detect AF. Guess one should "never say never" but it's hard to get
> >around the basic physics.
>
> Total nonsense.

it's not nonsense.
From: LOL! on
On Thu, 27 May 2010 09:47:28 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote:

>Yeah, I have an old A60 that I got my son many years ago. Great camera,
>but I upgraded the kids to two of the A570 IS because of the IS and the
>video capability. There's also no CHDK available for the A60, and since
>I helped write the documentation for CHDK I wanted cameras that it
>supported.

You don't have it on any camera. You can't even tell someone how it works.
We've already tested and proved that about you. And the WIKI history PROVES
that you've NEVER contributed even ONE WORD to the documentation, you
useless psychotic pretend-photographer troll.

LOL!
From: GGBrowne on
On Thu, 27 May 2010 09:47:28 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote:

>I'd be very wary of the SX20 IS in terms of noise. It uses a higher
>resolution sensor, and it's CCD not CMOS. The SX1 IS is pretty good in
>terms of noise because of the CMOS sensor and because they didn't go
>crazy in terms of megapixels.

Proving yet again that you just make up all these things out of your
delusional pea-brain. CMOS are slightly more noisy than CCD, due to the
smaller photosite sizes caused by the extra circuitry required between
photosites.

From: Bowser on
On Thu, 27 May 2010 11:16:02 -0700, John Navas
<jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 27 May 2010 09:47:28 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com>
>wrote in <4bfea229$0$1618$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>:
>
>>One problem with these super-zooms is that their often unfairly compared
>>to D-SLRs rather than to P&Ss. Of course they'll never be able to be as
>>good as D-SLR with a much larger, much lower noise sensor, and the
>>AF/lag will never be as good with contrast detection AF as it is with
>>phase detect AF. Guess one should "never say never" but it's hard to get
>>around the basic physics.
>
>Total nonsense.

Uh, not really. I own an FZ35 and while I love it, it's clearly not in
the same league as any DSLR with regards to image quality or AF speed.
Not to say it's bad; it's quite good. But nowhere near a DSLR.
From: John Navas on
On Thu, 27 May 2010 19:22:29 -0400, Bowser <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote in
<2kvtv5tpsrnqlso7hg4q3aalcrvq26d593(a)4ax.com>:

>On Thu, 27 May 2010 11:16:02 -0700, John Navas
><jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 27 May 2010 09:47:28 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com>
>>wrote in <4bfea229$0$1618$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>:
>>
>>>One problem with these super-zooms is that their often unfairly compared
>>>to D-SLRs rather than to P&Ss. Of course they'll never be able to be as
>>>good as D-SLR with a much larger, much lower noise sensor, and the
>>>AF/lag will never be as good with contrast detection AF as it is with
>>>phase detect AF. Guess one should "never say never" but it's hard to get
>>>around the basic physics.
>>
>>Total nonsense.
>
>Uh, not really. I own an FZ35 and while I love it, it's clearly not in
>the same league as any DSLR with regards to image quality or AF speed.
>Not to say it's bad; it's quite good. But nowhere near a DSLR.

Uh, really. I own an FZ28, which is excellent, and the FZ35 I borrowed
for a day was ever better. Autofocus speed is excellent *if* you
configure the cameras properly. Image quality likewise.
I routinely get better shots (in all respects) than those shooting the
same subjects with dSLR cameras. Perhaps you need more practice with
the FZ35.

--
Best regards,
John

"It's a poor workman who blames his tools." [proverb]