From: Ted Perlman on
<..the same Yamaha sub you had a few years ago (or might still be using),>

Yes, I still have it. I use it with the NS10's and the Event Precision 6's.
It's a GREAT sub and the feature that lets me put two sources into it is a
welcome bonus.

--
Regards,

Ted Perlman
www.tedperlman.com
www.myspace.com/tedperlman
www.facebook.com/ted.perlman

From: "Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette" on
Glennbo wrote:
> The killer robot "Ted Perlman" <ted(a)tedperlman.com> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> <..the same Yamaha sub you had a few years ago (or might still be
>> using),>
>>
>> Yes, I still have it. I use it with the NS10's and the Event Precision
>> 6's. It's a GREAT sub and the feature that lets me put two sources
>> into it is a welcome bonus.
>
> The YST-SW215! I got one a couple years ago, and it with my smaller Yamaha
> nearfields makes for a real accurate and space saving arrangement. My
> little MSP3 monitors have second inputs and separate volume controls, which
> has come in quite handy more than a few times.

I've got my sub hooked up the the Mono Sum bus on my Soundcraft M12
mixer. It's got a separate volume knob and I usually just bring it up
half way till I can barely tell something has been added. Keeps me from
mixing with my finger tip on the NS10 woofer to feel how much speaker
excursion I have. If those puppies are moving too much you know that
the bass will knock you down on a home system.

--
Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette

http://www.gatortraks.com/forum
http://www.gatortraks.com
From: Ted Perlman on
<The YST-SW215!>

I have to try and find another one. I get nervous when I only have one of
something I use and rely on daily.

From: Ted Perlman on
<...I usually just bring it up half way till I can barely tell something has
been added>

I have the volume knob on the sub set at around 9:00, which is just enough
for me to hear what's happening down below. Any more than that is usually
too much to get an accurate mix. But it depends on your room's acoustics as
well.

From: Ted Perlman on
<I can drive five or six sets of phones, but they all have *my* mix in them>

Couldn't do that here. What I'm listening to and what the singers are
listening to in their phones are oftentimes not in the same universe :-)

But it's my responsibility to listen to the ENTIRE mix to make sure what's
getting recorded fits with the other parts. The singers, however, mainly
need to hear the piano for pitch, some drums for feel and pocket, and of
course (the main event)...themselves :-)