From: Ted Perlman on
<I have everything setup and ready to hit record at the drop of a hat>

I work the exact same way. Software, hardware, etc. are always all setup and
ready to go.

--
Regards,

Ted Perlman
www.tedperlman.com
www.myspace.com/tedperlman
www.facebook.com/ted.perlman

From: Ted Perlman on
<...you should know that sometimes I sift down to only see what Ted Perlman
is talking about. I can learn a
great deal from what you have to say>

Uh oh, that means I have to post seriously at least 50% of the time. That
might be a bit hard...

:-)

From: Ted Perlman on
<I'm very pleased with my Blue Sky 2.1 system.>

I've heard GREAT things about those speakers. Please tell me more!

From: Here In Oregon on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> In news:hg6foh$m12$1(a)news.eternal-september.org the killer robot "Here
> In Oregon" <HIO(a)nospam.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>>> Engineering for yourself is much easier, but doesn't pay so great.
>>> ;)
>>
>> This is a truthism, I mean truism and *I* *hate* engineering while
>> being the artist. It screws my energy and focus all up. So what's
>> your excuse? <g>
>
> I cheat. I have everything setup and ready to hit record at the drop of a
> hat. Pre-mixed, so it's turn on and record. No need to get a level on
> the
> guitar, bass, or drums, because they've already been trimmed and EQ'd.
>
> I can arm a track, grab a guitar, bass, vocal mic, keyboard, or
> drumsticks,
> and I'm ready to print the track if I can play the part without screwing
> it
> up too much. And the quicker I can get the part recorded the better. Get
> it while it's hot, before the flame goes out.

That's not cheating that is smart. I have everything setup too and I can
play all of the instruments including vocals but hate layering stuff and
prefer a live groove interaction where magic can and has happened. Do you
believe in fairies?

From: Here In Oregon on

"Glennbo" > I don't have ns10s, but I do know that comfort, ain't what you
want in an
> uncolored speaker. Embarrassing truth is what you want in an
> un-flattering
> flat monitor.

That is debatable depending on which way you're looking at it.