From: Savageduck on
On 2009-09-30 19:06:17 -0700, Gary Edstrom <GEdstrom(a)PacBell.Net> said:

> On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:44:13 -0700, Savageduck
> <savageduck@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2009-09-24 08:16:24 -0700, Gary Edstrom <GEdstrom(a)PacBell.Net> said:

>>> Well, after thinking about it overnight, I went ahead and purchased the
>>> Cotton Carrier harness. Thanks again for the pointer.
>>>
>>> Gary
>>
>> Let us know how it works out for you.
>
> I received the Cotton Carrier harness today. It seems to fit and work
> well, but it will be Saturday before I can give it a good workout while
> going on a day-hike with my backpack. I'll let you know how it goes.
>
> Gary

We wait for your report.

I hope it is all you wanted.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Gary Edstrom on
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 20:30:54 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2009-09-30 19:06:17 -0700, Gary Edstrom <GEdstrom(a)PacBell.Net> said:
>
>> On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:44:13 -0700, Savageduck
>> <savageduck@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>>> Let us know how it works out for you.
>>
>> I received the Cotton Carrier harness today. It seems to fit and work
>> well, but it will be Saturday before I can give it a good workout while
>> going on a day-hike with my backpack. I'll let you know how it goes.
>>
>> Gary
>
>We wait for your report.
>
>I hope it is all you wanted.

Well, I gave the harness a workout today. I went on an 'urban day hike'
for several hours. Of course, it took the weight of the camera off my
neck and transferred it to my shoulders where I really didn't feel it at
all. It also kept the camera from swinging around, which had the
secondary effect of not having the camera bumping into me and turning it
on for 30 seconds or so until it timed out again.

While I wasn't wearing a backpack today, I tried it out at home with my
backpack and it seems to work quite well. It was really for my
backpacking trips that I bought the harness. The weight of the camera
around my neck really became noticeable after a while. In addition, I
would have to use one hand to keep it from swinging around. Yet, I
didn't want to put the camera away in my pack because I wanted it to be
ready fast for any picture opportunity. This seems to fit the bill.

As I said previously, it's kind of pricey, but it does the job!

Gary
From: Savageduck on
On 2009-10-03 17:24:20 -0700, Gary Edstrom <GEdstrom(a)PacBell.Net> said:

> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 20:30:54 -0700, Savageduck
> <savageduck@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2009-09-30 19:06:17 -0700, Gary Edstrom <GEdstrom(a)PacBell.Net> said:

>>> I received the Cotton Carrier harness today. It seems to fit and work
>>> well, but it will be Saturday before I can give it a good workout while
>>> going on a day-hike with my backpack. I'll let you know how it goes.
>>>
>>> Gary
>>
>> We wait for your report.
>>
>> I hope it is all you wanted.
>
> Well, I gave the harness a workout today. I went on an 'urban day hike'
> for several hours. Of course, it took the weight of the camera off my
> neck and transferred it to my shoulders where I really didn't feel it at
> all. It also kept the camera from swinging around, which had the
> secondary effect of not having the camera bumping into me and turning it
> on for 30 seconds or so until it timed out again.
>
> While I wasn't wearing a backpack today, I tried it out at home with my
> backpack and it seems to work quite well. It was really for my
> backpacking trips that I bought the harness. The weight of the camera
> around my neck really became noticeable after a while. In addition, I
> would have to use one hand to keep it from swinging around. Yet, I
> didn't want to put the camera away in my pack because I wanted it to be
> ready fast for any picture opportunity. This seems to fit the bill.
>
> As I said previously, it's kind of pricey, but it does the job!
>
> Gary

I am happy to hear it worked.
I might need to step up and get one myself. I am currently using the
Blackrapid strap on my D300. The Cotton Carrier might be the thing for
some of those other hikes.

--
Regards,

Savageduck