From: SkippyPB on
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 04:16:08 -0800 (PST), Alistair
<alistair(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>On Dec 21 2009, 5:17�pm, "HeyBub" <hey...(a)NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>> "There is another even more powerful (but much less visible) agent behind
>> all of these [politicians, lobbyists, environmentalists, and Wall Street
>> manipulators].
>>
>> "The person behind the screen is the computer programmer. And, just like in
>> the Wizard of OZ, they do not want you to look at this real controller."
>>
>> http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/climategate-the-perils-of-global-warming...
>>
>> Think of it. We rule the world. Maybe we all should get together or
>> something...
>
>I presume that all climate change nay-sayers will take comfort from
>Osama Bin Laden's latest audio tape release where he blames the US for
>climate change.
>
>See:
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8487030.stm

Well he got part of it right. He should have added Western Europe,
China, India, South America......

Regards,
--
////
(o o)

"Every time I walk into a singles bar I can hear Mom's wise words:
"Don't pick that up, you don't know where it's been.""
-- Unknown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remove nospam to email me.

Steve
From: SkippyPB on
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 07:15:31 -0600, "HeyBub" <heybub(a)NOSPAMgmail.com>
wrote:

>Alistair wrote:
>>
>> I presume that all climate change nay-sayers will take comfort from
>> Osama Bin Laden's latest audio tape release where he blames the US for
>> climate change.
>>
>> See:
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8487030.stm
>
>Have you ever seen OBL and Al Gore together? Hmm?

We've never seen you and OBL together either. A big hmmmmmm....

Regards,
--
////

From: Clark F Morris on
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 11:58:54 -0500, SkippyPB
<swiegand(a)Nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote:

>> much snipped
>
>OK, let me rephrase:
>
>The use of "Enemy Combatants" by the United States is....a phrase used
>to ignore the constitution of the United States, i.e. due process.
>If we go to war to defend our Constitution then those we go to war
>against should be held accountable to it and under it, not be ignored
>by it.

The nature of war many times makes it impossible to collect the
evidence necessary for conviction (can't satisfy reasonable doubt).
Most countries had little problem with summary treatment of spies and
saboteurs. Terror and guerilla movements make drawing lines tricky.
Many times they catch civilians in the middle.
From: Howard Brazee on
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:15:31 -0500, SkippyPB
<swiegand(a)Nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote:

>"Enemy Combatants"....a phrase created to ignore the constitution.
>If we go to war to defend our Constitution then those we go to war
>against should be held accountable to it and under it, not be ignored
>by it.

But the Constitution does give the power to declare war, thus having a
definition available.

- James Madison
From: Howard Brazee on
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 17:35:11 -0400, Clark F Morris
<cfmpublic(a)ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>The nature of war many times makes it impossible to collect the
>evidence necessary for conviction (can't satisfy reasonable doubt).
>Most countries had little problem with summary treatment of spies and
>saboteurs. Terror and guerilla movements make drawing lines tricky.
>Many times they catch civilians in the middle.

War?

See below:

- James Madison