From: Brian K on

"MJMIII" <balrog(a)castaway.net> wrote in message
Here's a stupid question. I was originally doing this in the laptop.
Does it make a
> difference if I installed the drive in my desktop as an extra drive and
> booted to the Seagate disk?
>
> --

I don't know.

From: MJMIII on
"Brian K" <remove_this(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "MJMIII" <balrog(a)castaway.net> wrote in message
> Here's a stupid question. I was originally doing this in the laptop.
> Does it make a
>> difference if I installed the drive in my desktop as an extra drive and
>> booted to the Seagate disk?
>>
>> --
>>

> I don't know.

Doesn't matter. That HDAT2 was easy as all hell. Got my 250GB back and now
Acronis is restoring without MBR. I'll know if everything worked in about
20 minutes.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: Brian K on

>> Doesn't matter. That HDAT2 was easy as all hell. Got my 250GB back and
>> now
> Acronis is restoring without MBR. I'll know if everything worked in about
> 20 minutes.
> --

Please let me know if you have better HDAT2 instructions than I posted.

From: Brian K on
Good luck but remember that HD already has the Dell MBR and LBA-3. So you
may not be out of the woods yet.

From: MJMIII on
You are absolutely correct. Still showing 58GB.

--

> Good luck but remember that HD already has the Dell MBR and LBA-3. So you
> may not be out of the woods yet.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: RAM Inefficiency