From: MJMIII on
Looks like writing the standard mbr did the trick along with the rest of
your instructions. I'll let you know my tomorrow, which will be your
tomorrow night.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: Brian K on
I'm sure this one will succeed.

From: Brian K on
I don't blame you for not knowing about the Dell HPA issue. It's not widely
known and I've never seen it mentioned by Dell. Can someone correct me if
Dell has information on this issue?

From: Daddy on
MJMIII wrote:
> So this information is readily available?
> Right!

"I then called Seagate support and what he found out surprised me. When
cloning a Dell or any manufacturer's OEM drive with a restore partition
you need to do it Sector-By-Sector due to hidden files on the drive."

No kidding? That's called disk imaging. Try Google.

Daddy
From: Brian K on

Daddy,

You are being a bit hard on Mike. The Dell HPA issue isn't widely known and
Seagate's advice was bad.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: RAM Inefficiency