From: Blinky the Shark on
["Followup-To:" header set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk.]
Trent SC wrote:

> My colleague has mongrel PC with the following spec:
> ECS P61WT-A+ board with a Celeron 766, 384MB RAM, onboard Intel i810
^^^

> graphics, 10GB HDD and running Windows 98se. The BIOS is Award Modular v
> 6.00 PG; P61WT-A+ Ver. 1.0h 11/08/1999. Do you need any more information?

Having read (and snipped) your tribulations, my money's on the mobo. I
don't think ECS stands very high on the confidence chart, from what
I've heard here and there. (No, I've not used an ECS board myself.)

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
Now killing all posts made with User-Agent G2
From: Alf Keiles on
Hi There,

I Sympathise with you
I've had mine almost 8 years, I keep updating it at a helluva cost
and it's getting slower and slower and confusing
I have the monitor on the window sill
and my good lady has to stop me several times per day from pushing it out of
the window

Alf

From: Duane Arnold on

From: Duane Arnold on