From: muks on
Is this used for debugging? Can you suggest some examples?
From: dan_u on
You can use it for debugging, sure. We use it to create VIs that run on different targets and configurations. For example, we have a VI that can run both on a real-time system and on standard LabVIEW. The code has slight differences in initialization depending on the target. In this case we use the (predefined) TARGET_TYPE symbol to run the correct code.We also defined our own disable symbol to run a VI in different configurations. For instance, we have a program that can run in simulation mode (using simulated data) or real DAQ mode. Most of the code is the same, just the DAQ part and some parameters to configure the simulated data are different. Switch the disable symbol and the same VI can be run or compiled for both purposes.Daniel
From: JoeLabView on
It can be used for debugging or to allow you to test portions of the code while still implementing portions of the code.
See attached example where you can run the coder while the code in the disable structure is not yet finished.

disableExample.vi:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/344319/1/disableExample.vi
From: dan_u on
I can't open your code because I don't have LabVIEW here, but for debugging or testing I rather use the diagram disable structure, not the conditional disable structure. As mentioned in my post above, the conditional disable structure can be quite powerful (can for instance avoid duplication of VIs). Daniel
From: muks on
Hi joe,             Can you post the code for lv 8.0?