From: Savageduck on
On 2010-06-28 20:03:56 -0700, Don Wiss <donwiss(a)no_spam.com> said:

> Okay. I finally got around to cropping, selecting, and captioning my
> Mermaid Parade pictures from a week ago. 273 made the cut.
>
> If you are not familiar with this parade, which kicks off the summer at
> Coney Island, it is a very fleshy, yet family oriented parade.
>
> http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2010/
>
> Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Another entertaining session.
Thanks for sharing.

BTW, Whatever happened to your location shots of L.I. & N .J. "too
good to be true" bargain merchants.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Peter on
> On 2010-06-28 20:03:56 -0700, Don Wiss <donwiss(a)no_spam.com> said:
>
>> Okay. I finally got around to cropping, selecting, and captioning my
>> Mermaid Parade pictures from a week ago. 273 made the cut.
>>
>> If you are not familiar with this parade, which kicks off the summer at
>> Coney Island, it is a very fleshy, yet family oriented parade.
>>
>> http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2010/
>>
>> Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).
>
> Another entertaining session.
> Thanks for sharing.
>
> BTW, Whatever happened to your location shots of L.I. & N .J. "too good
> to be true" bargain merchants.

After going there for three consecutive years, I missed that event this
year.
Well maybe next year

--
Peter

From: Don Wiss on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>BTW, Whatever happened to your location shots of L.I. & N .J. "too
>good to be true" bargain merchants.

They are still up. The three albums are listed here:

http://donwiss.com/pictures/#buildings

No one seems to be paying that much attention to them these days. I have a
few Brooklyn ones I took that I need to get up. Then I have a long list of
ones to take in NJ, but I don't have a car. I got a friend to drive me
around for the first trip, but after we got chased by a sleazy one (since
shut down by the NJ AG) he won't do it again.

From: Don Wiss on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org (GMAN) wrote:

>Serious question here, how do they get away with the public nudity around
>children?

From:
http://naturistaction.org/StatesFrames/State_Laws_Frames/New_York_Laws/body_new_york_laws.html

� 245.01 Exposure of a person. A person is guilty of exposure if he appears
in a public place in such a manner that the private or intimate parts of
his body are unclothed or exposed. For purposes of this section, the
private or intimate parts of a female person shall include that portion of
the breast which is below the top of the areola. This section shall not
apply to the breastfeeding of infants or to any person entertaining or
performing in a play, exhibition, show or entertainment.

Exposure of a person is a violation.

Nothing in this section shall prevent the adoption by a city, town or
village of a local law prohibiting exposure of a person as herein defined
in a public place, at any time, whether or not such person is entertaining
or performing in a play, exhibition, show or entertainment.

[NAC NOTE: People v. Santorelli restricts the applicability of � 245.01.
The Court of Appeals of New York ruled in 1992 that exposure of a bare
female breast violates this law only when it takes place in a commercial
context. As a practical matter, proper enforcement of this section can be a
problem, since local enforcement agents are often unfamiliar with the case
law that interprets the statutory language.]

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-06-29 14:39:06 -0700, Don Wiss <donwiss(a)no_spam.com> said:

> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>> BTW, Whatever happened to your location shots of L.I. & N .J. "too
>> good to be true" bargain merchants.
>
> They are still up. The three albums are listed here:
>
> http://donwiss.com/pictures/#buildings
>
> No one seems to be paying that much attention to them these days. I have a
> few Brooklyn ones I took that I need to get up. Then I have a long list of
> ones to take in NJ, but I don't have a car. I got a friend to drive me
> around for the first trip, but after we got chased by a sleazy one (since
> shut down by the NJ AG) he won't do it again.
>
> Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Well they were very revealing at the time. Very much lifting the veil
from the lie.

--
Regards,

Savageduck