From: eigen on
On Dec 6, 11:53 pm, "Dirk Van de moortel"
<dirkvandemoor...(a)nospAm.hotmail.com> wrote:
> PD <TheDraperFam...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> 31860883-d6c0-467d-87f6-f60f35cce...(a)q9g2000yqc.googlegroups.com
>

> > It's worth noting that Spaceman has decided to snap out of it and has
> > turned his attention to other pointless pursuits.
> > NoEinstein has petered off to a few random posts on the weekend, no
> > longer able to muster the lung power to puff himself up anymore.
> > Strich9 and his several aliases seemed to have finally stopped
> > chattering.
> > Brian Jones gave a brief gasp and announced he was quitting.
> > ahahahanson is tired of hyenish cackling.
> > Louis Savain no longer has the strength to tell people to pack it for
> > months.
> > Gerald O'Barr has finally shut up.
> > Lester Zick has decided not to dress up anymore.
> > Andre Michaud is sniffing less and less, and can still be heard over
> > Marcel Luttgens.
> > And there are a few others that seem to have faded away.
>
> > "Henri Wilson" and Ken Seto still persist in their attention-mongering
> > ways, and so their physical health must be fine even if their mental
> > health has deteriorated.
>
> > Time to till the field and see what weeds pop up in the spring!
>
> > PD
>
> They will be back.
> All of them.
> Trust me.
>
> Dirk Vdm

Actually even Mister Tom knows now that Relativity is wrong

I mean, they have no palpable arguments to support a fluid watered
theory
From: GSS on
On Dec 7, 2:04 am, PD <TheDraperFam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> It's worth noting that Spaceman has decided to snap out of it and has
> turned his attention to other pointless pursuits.
> NoEinstein has petered off to a few random posts on the weekend, no
> longer able to muster the lung power to puff himself up anymore.
> Strich9 and his several aliases seemed to have finally stopped
> chattering.
> Brian Jones gave a brief gasp and announced he was quitting.
> ahahahanson is tired of hyenish cackling.
> Louis Savain no longer has the strength to tell people to pack it for
> months.
> Gerald O'Barr has finally shut up.
> Lester Zick has decided not to dress up anymore.
> Andre Michaud is sniffing less and less, and can still be heard over
> Marcel Luttgens.
> And there are a few others that seem to have faded away.
>
> "Henri Wilson" and Ken Seto still persist in their attention-mongering
> ways, and so their physical health must be fine even if their mental
> health has deteriorated.

An unquestioning faith is the keystone of all regions. However,
demanding an unquestioning faith in any of the scientific disciplines
will surely lead to stagnation and self destruction in that
discipline. This is the main distinguishing feature of all sciences
where the ethos of questioning the blind faith, questioning the
postulates, axioms and dogmas is recognized as a healthy sign and is
encouraged.

The so called 'crackpots' and 'cranks', are extremely important
members of the scientific community, who are nurturing the important
discipline of Physics and preventing its degeneration into a religious
faith. Exploration of all possible alternatives, hypothesis and
viewpoints, is absolutely essential for the well being and progress of
any scientific discipline. All attempts to gag or suppress any dissent
on the current paradigm of Physics, will amount to a crime against
humanity.

It is certainly not necessary that all dissenting opinion must be
workable, brilliant or acceptable to the mainstream. Dissenting
opinion must be treated as an essential part of the exploration
process, to explore various inadequacies and shortcomings in the
current paradigm and to explore various alternatives. The mainstream
need not accept all dissenting opinion straight away; in fact they
should not. But the mainstream must pay heed to the dissenting
opinion, must consider it patiently and if possible discuss it openly.
Slowly and steadily all valid points from the bulk of dissenting
viewpoints, will get assimilated in to the mainstream and constitute a
progress in the concerned scientific discipline.

The current global financial crisis had started brewing many years
ago. The excessive use of credit system, inadequate control and
regulatory mechanism, high leverages, greed driven derivatives and
hedge funds, were all pointing towards an eventual collapse of the
financial system. I understand that many intellectuals and experts in
the field, who dared to point out the above lacunae in the financial
system, were dubbed as 'crackpots' and 'cranks'. In retrospect, after
the current collapse of the global financial system, those 'crackpots'
and 'cranks' will now appear to be the ‘sages’ of the system.

Similar grave situation is now brewing in the field of fundamental
Physics. The so called 'crackpots' and 'cranks' of Physics are trying
their level best to highlight the inadequacies, flaws and lacunae in
the prevailing paradigm but they are persistently being snubbed and
gagged by the mainstream. Like the global financial system, it should
not become too late to start paying heed to the dissenting viewpoint
in fundamental Physics.

GSS
From: bill on
“The worst aspect of the Velikovsky affair is not that his hypotheses
were wrong or in contradiction to firmly established facts, but that
some who called themselves scientists attempted to suppress
Velikovsky’s work. Science is generated by and devoted to free
inquiry: the idea that any hypothesis, no matter how strange, deserves
to be considered on its merits. The suppression of uncomfortable ideas
may be common in religion and politics, but it is not the path to
knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science. We do not know
in advance who will discover fundamental new insights.” (Carl Sagan,
91, Cosmos, Random House 1980.)

From: Koobee Wublee on
On Dec 6, 10:54 pm, Dono <sa...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> On Dec 6, 3:17 pm, Dono <sa...(a)comcast.net> wrote:

> > You forgot some of the ones that are still going strong:
>
> > 1. RB "the welder" Winn
> > 2. Albertshito Zotkin
> > 3. Juanshito Alvarez Gonzalez
> > 4. eigen, "the fake idiot"
> > 5. Mitch "the persistent imbecile" Raemsch
> > 6. Ken Sucker
> > 7. Y.Y.Parrot
> > 8. Josef "the Nimz asskisser" Matz
> > 9. Pancho "the Bulgarian Dolt" Valev
>
> > On a positive line, "OStrich,the mental inmate" has gone silent.
>
> I forgot : Koobee "the Koky" Wooblee is still kicking ....

Thank you for remembering me. You guys are the greatest despite being
totally nitwits.
From: GSS on
On Dec 8, 10:09 am, bill <cosmo...(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> “The worst aspect of the Velikovsky affair is not that his hypotheses
> were wrong or in contradiction to firmly established facts, but that
> some who called themselves scientists attempted to suppress
> Velikovsky’s work. Science is generated by and devoted to free
> inquiry: the idea that any hypothesis, no matter how strange, deserves
> to be considered on its merits. The suppression of uncomfortable ideas
> may be common in religion and politics, but it is not the path to
> knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science. We do not know
> in advance who will discover fundamental new insights.” (Carl Sagan,
> 91, Cosmos, Random House 1980.)

Very true and very well expressed.