From: gb6724 on
On Dec 9, 5:17 am, Pentcho Valev <pva...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > > present dissenting opinions with full knowledge of current theories and
> > > experiments are neither crackpots nor cranks -- one obvious difference
> > > is these latter can get published in the mainstream literature. Cranks
> > > and crackpots generally cannot get published in the mainstream
> > > literature, because a major purpose of peer review is to avoid wasting
> > > readers' time with "impossible" nonsense (see my next paragraph for the
> > > meaning of "impossible" here).

> > > Yes. The key word is "possible", which in science means "consistent with
> > > all known experiments". Without knowing the current experimental record,
> > > a crackpot or crank simply does not understand what is and is not POSSIBLE.
>
> > >         One must generally understand the then-current theories
> > >         used when the experiment was published, in order to be
> > >         able to read their paper(s) intelligently. The MMX is an
> > >         excellent example of this, as are Miller's measurements.
> > >         Such papers are inherently embedded in the context and
> > >         milieu of physics when they were written.

> > > No. But it _IS_ necessary that USEFUL "dissenting opinion" be POSSIBLE
> > > (in the above sense). Impossible "dissenting opinion" is useless and can
> > > be safely ignored. That's why so few real scientists pay attention to
> > > this newsgroup -- >90% of the posts are nonsense (or worse), and >99% of
> > > the "dissenting opinions" are IMPOSSIBLE (in the above sense).

> > > Not when such "dissenting opinion" is IMPOSSIBLE (in the above sense)..
>
> > > The scientific literature is full of "dissenting opinion". Practically
> > > all of modern physics was once "dissenting opinion". And there are
> > > several current schools of thought about extending relativity ("doubly
> > > special relativity", "loop quantum gravity", "string theory", ...). But
> > > you won't hear about them around here, because they are all advanced
> > > topics far beyond the capabilities of just about everybody who
> > > contributes to this newsgroup; there are MUCH better forums in which to
> > > discuss them (primarily the literature, not the internet). The cranks
> > > and crackpots around here are in a completely different world, which is
> > > unrelated to science (and thus uninteresting to most scientists).
>
> > > Tom Roberts
>
> > What is you proof that light velocity is independent of the velocity
> > of the observer? How do you explain his observed red or blueshift?
>
> > Marcel Luttgens
>
> Curiously, Maxwell's theory predicts that the speed of light does
> depend on the speed of the observer. Of course, Einsteinians would
> tell you the opposite. Two fundamental lies taught by Einsteinians:
>
> 1. Einstein introduced his 1905 light postulate because the negative
> result of the Michelson-Morley experiment forced him to do so.
>
> 2. Einstein introduced his 1905 light postulate because Maxwell's
> theory forced him to do so.
>
> The two lies have been repeated so many times that, in accordance with
> Goebbels' principle, they are now absolute truths.

Discrimination. To call Einstein a crank is sickening, and classic of
the most horrible racist aspects of fascists.

From: gb6724 on
On Dec 9, 12:14 pm, "gb6...(a)yahoo.com" <gb6...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 9, 5:17 am, Pentcho Valev <pva...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 9, 2:41 am, mluttg...(a)orange.fr wrote in
> > sci.physics.relativity:

> > > What is you proof that light velocity is independent of the velocity
> > > of the observer? How do you explain his observed red or blueshift?
>
> > > Marcel Luttgens
>
> > Curiously, Maxwell's theory predicts that the speed of light does
> > depend on the speed of the observer. Of course, Einsteinians would
> > tell you the opposite. Two fundamental lies taught by Einsteinians:
>
> > 1. Einstein introduced his 1905 light postulate because the negative
> > result of the Michelson-Morley experiment forced him to do so.
>
> > 2. Einstein introduced his 1905 light postulate because Maxwell's
> > theory forced him to do so.
>
> > The two lies have been repeated so many times that, in accordance with
> > Goebbels' principle, they are now absolute truths.
>
> > Pentcho Valev
> > pva...(a)yahoo.com
>
> Discrimination. To call Einstein a crank is sickening, and classic of
> the most horrible racist aspects of fascists.

Kansas will become the center of the United States. It is the center
of the United States.
From: eigen on
On Dec 8, 10:58 pm, Tom Roberts <tjroberts...(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Tom Roberts

Sir, if you know all about relativity why dont you tell us

1. What TIME is ?
2. What LIGHT is?
3 What GRAVITY is?
4 What bended SPACE time is?

I mean not evade with abstract explanations, but putting your
finger on it and tell me

"look this is TIME" etc
From: eigen on
On Dec 8, 10:58 pm, Tom Roberts <tjroberts...(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Tom Roberts

On the other hand I just spot an error you made in your ppt paper on
page 9 Brillet and Hall Experiment (1979)

where you say single mode laser heterodyne

this is impossible, because heterodyne involves 2 frequencies

Are you sure you understand the difference between
homodyne arrangement and heterodyne ???
From: gb6724 on
On Dec 9, 12:34 pm, "gb6...(a)yahoo.com" <gb6...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 9, 12:14 pm, "gb6...(a)yahoo.com" <gb6...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 9, 5:17 am, Pentcho Valev <pva...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Dec 9, 2:41 am, mluttg...(a)orange.fr wrote in
> > > sci.physics.relativity:

> > > Curiously, Maxwell's theory predicts that the speed of light does
> > > depend on the speed of the observer. Of course, Einsteinians would
> > > tell you the opposite. Two fundamental lies taught by Einsteinians:
>
> > > 1. Einstein introduced his 1905 light postulate because the negative
> > > result of the Michelson-Morley experiment forced him to do so.
>
> > > 2. Einstein introduced his 1905 light postulate because Maxwell's
> > > theory forced him to do so.
>
> > > The two lies have been repeated so many times that, in accordance with
> > > Goebbels' principle, they are now absolute truths.
>
> > > Pentcho Valev
> > > pva...(a)yahoo.com
>
> > Discrimination. To call Einstein a crank is sickening, and classic of
> > the most horrible racist aspects of fascists.
>
> Kansas will become the center of the United States. It is the center
> of the United States.

How can there be a science crank, you people are sicker than Stalin.
Toilet
brain. Don't get me cranky, boy.