From: Notan on
Notan wrote:

> Ted Zieglar wrote:
> >
> > That's happening on your end.
> >
> > <snip>
>
> Actually, it's happening on *your* end! <g>
>
> Check your OE "Send" options... You have the option of
> word wrapping HTML and/or plain text.

What's interesting (If you're really bored, I guess! <g>),
is that the only posts that don't appear to be word wrapped
are from today. All your previous posts look fine.

Notan
From: Ted Zieglar on
Word wrapping has always been selected.

Ted Zieglar

From: Nicholas Andrade on
Shel wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 10:48:31 -0400, "Ted Zieglar" <teddyz(a)notmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Creating the diagnostic partition is not the problem, if you're familiar with partitioning software (Partition Magic, BootIt NG, etc.) or imaging software (e.g. True Image, Ghost). The problem is accessing the diagnostics partition from the F12 key. That requires some highly technical knowledge of programming, and is not guaranteed to work on every model of Dell computer. Ain't no easy way to do it. The easy way is to use Dell's diagnostic CD instead, which has all the same stuff you'll find in the diagnostic partition.
>

> For Ted:
>
> Why do your postings always come through as one long line of text with
> no word wrapping?

I've asked Ted before; it has to do with him having Outlook Express set
to use the Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable (so it is at
least partially on his end).
From: Nicholas Andrade on
Ted Zieglar wrote:

> The problem is accessing the diagnostics partition from the F12 key. That
> requires some highly technical knowledge of programming, and is not
> guaranteed to work on every model of Dell computer. Ain't no easy way to
> do it. The easy way is to use Dell's diagnostic CD instead, which has
> all the same stuff you'll find in the diagnostic partition.

Another relatively easy method is to use a boot manager like GRUB or
LILO to access the partition. I have the following entry in GRUB:

title Dell Recover Utility
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
chainloader +1

Note that (hd0,0) is pointing to the first partition on the Primary
Master HDD (in the case of my laptop the first partition on the only
HDD). This differs from the drive naming scheme common to most file
systems with /dev; the first partition is usally listed as hda1 (or sda1
for SCSI/SATA).
From: Sparky Spartacus on
Shel wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 10:48:31 -0400, "Ted Zieglar" <teddyz(a)notmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Creating the diagnostic partition is not the problem, if you're familiar with partitioning software (Partition Magic, BootIt NG, etc.) or imaging software (e.g. True Image, Ghost). The problem is accessing the diagnostics partition from the F12 key. That requires some highly technical knowledge of programming, and is not guaranteed to work on every model of Dell computer. Ain't no easy way to do it. The easy way is to use Dell's diagnostic CD instead, which has all the same stuff you'll find in the diagnostic partition.
>
> For Ted:
>
> Why do your postings always come through as one long line of text with
> no word wrapping?

Doen't happen for me (using Mozilla 1.7.8). Have you checked your local
settings?