From: ben_myers_spam_me_not @ on
That link has accurate directions. But the real issue is still whether or not
your model of Dell has a BIOS which will boot to a diagnostic partition.
Personally, I do not know the answer, but I'll ask the question again, because I
tried to do the same thing once and the Dell system I was working on could not
boot to the diagnostic partition, and I wasted my time... Ben Myers

From: Sparky Spartacus on
Nicholas Andrade wrote:

> Sparky Spartacus wrote:
>
>> Shel wrote:

>>> For Ted:
>>>
>>> Why do your postings always come through as one long line of text with
>>> no word wrapping?
>>
>> Doen't happen for me (using Mozilla 1.7.8). Have you checked your
>> local settings?
>
> Although Mozilla Mail will "word wrap" it when viewing the post, try
> replying to Ted's post and it will appear as one long string (I'm using
> Moz 1.7.8 in Windows right now, but it renders the same in Moz 1.7.11 in
> Linux as well).

No one said anything about replying to Ted.
From: Nicholas Andrade on
Sparky Spartacus wrote:
> Nicholas Andrade wrote:
>
>> Sparky Spartacus wrote:

>>> Doen't happen for me (using Mozilla 1.7.8). Have you checked your
>>> local settings?
>>

>> Although Mozilla Mail will "word wrap" it when viewing the post, try
>> replying to Ted's post and it will appear as one long string (I'm
>> using Moz 1.7.8 in Windows right now, but it renders the same in Moz
>> 1.7.11 in Linux as well).
>

> No one said anything about replying to Ted.
Just because no one has mentioned it thus far doesn't mean it's not true.
From: Sparky Spartacus on
Nicholas Andrade wrote:

> Sparky Spartacus wrote:
>
>> Nicholas Andrade wrote:

>>> Although Mozilla Mail will "word wrap" it when viewing the post, try
>>> replying to Ted's post and it will appear as one long string (I'm
>>> using Moz 1.7.8 in Windows right now, but it renders the same in Moz
>>> 1.7.11 in Linux as well).
>>
>> No one said anything about replying to Ted.
>
> Just because no one has mentioned it thus far doesn't mean it's not true.

Of course not, and it is; but there was no reason for me to have
addressed that possibility.
From: dgrnyc@yahoo.com on
When I press the F12 key one of the boot options is Dianostics. So, I
assume that this means that the Inspiron 8600 models can boot to a
dianostic partition. I think when I originally bought this used
computer that there was a dianostic partition. However, I deleted the
partition back then when I was reinstalling Windows. Daniel