From: " SNIP HECKLER>" on
From: Mark on
On Dec 9, 8:13 pm, George Hammond <Nowhe...(a)notspam.com> wrote:
> [...]
> the brain cannot actually perceive "true reality", that is
> "flat subjective space"….. it can only perceive a "curved
> version" (truncation) of subjective space-time… a "curved
> version" of reality as it were.  However, our brain is able
> to detect that what we are seeing is not completely real,
> i.e. is curved rather than flat, so what it does, in some
> analog fashion or other, is compute the "flat space
> extrapolation" of what we actually see.  Of course the
> microtubule system cannot present this extrapolation to the
> neuronal system because the neuronal system is not big
> enough to display it.  But it remains "pent-up" or "latent"
> somewhere in the cytoskeleton, and through some process of
> subconscious mentation, dreaming etc., it gets composed and
> edited into what we are now calling  "an afterlife dream
> world".
>    Okay, that is how and why it gets composed.  Now we have
> to address, how and why it downloads at death.  Presumably,
> death occurs from the top down.  That is, the neuronal
> system shuts down or "flat lines" first.  And then begins
> the slower process of the disintegration of the
> cytoskeleton-microtubule system.  My first intuition would
> be that the flat lining of the neuronal system is what
> triggers the afterlife download in the cytoskeleton. Perhaps
> for instance, the neuronal-cytoskeletal system is originally
> a "closed loop" feedback system and when the neuronal system
> flatlines at death the cytoskeleton system goes "open-loop"
> and this simply causes the cytoskeleton system to "dump" any
> heretofore undisplayed information into the entire
> cytoskeleton  whereas previously it was negative feedback
> from the neuronal system that was truncating that
> information and keeping it in check, i.e. keeping it pent-up
> in the microtubule memory.  That’s one of certainly many
> possibilities.
>    And I must add here,  that this death dream signal may
> not only flood just the cytoskeleton of the brain, it could
> just as easily flood the cytoskeleton of the entire body
> since the entire cytoskeleton of the brain is interconnected
> by microwave ‘gap junctions‘.  This means that your entire
> body and your entire brain, your entire sensory apparatus,
> motor apparatus, and cognitive system would be experiencing
> this dream firsthand.  It would in other words, be
> completely real!  This is why the microtubule computer in
> the brain is sufficient to do the job of  Tipler’s
> "astronomical sized"computer".  His computer was designed to
> synthesize a human being from scratch, while nature has the
> advantage of having the actual physical body in the form of
> the cytoskeleton actually present in the microtubule
> computer!  This reduces the size of the necessary computer
> by a "double exponential" sized factor!  And this literally
> brings the problem down to earth.
>
> Serious intellectual commentary is invited, hecklers will be

Hello George. First let me say that this is the real
Mark, and I'm aware that the troll may have replied to
you in recent posts, none of which I read, so I can
only hope you knew it was him. I've only responded
to you I think 2 times ever. Now, I wanted to say...

I enjoy your speculations in that your attention to
detail is paramount so as to present a reasonable
explantion of precisely one thing, which is mechanism...
and my gut instinct is that your underlying impetus
to construct these hypotheses is born of an awareness
of something greater, unseen, and beyond the radar
of typical comprehension. This happens to me a lot,
and it tends to leave one lonely. Therefore I find it pays to
be versatile, a chamelion if you will and hope to speak
the language of your audience.

Back to the mechanism. Where is life after death stored?
I'd say you have to look beyond physiology to quantum
mechanics, or string theory just to envision this other
dimension beyond space and time. Could one explain
a soul in terms of electro-chemical frequencies? I
would only say that every single activity of animal
and plant life emits a different energy, and with regard
to humanity...morality, evil and love come into play.
I imagine a collective reservoir, a repository of amplitudes
which were exacted by our own personal experiences.
To the extent that we choose life and love, we etch our
own database, and it isn't within a context of self
determination, but rather a reliance and compliance
upon a consequential reality which emcompasses
all that we understand, but mostly what we don't.

Best wishes,
Mark
From: Uncle Vic on
One fine day in alt.atheism, "Androcles" <Headmaster(a)Hogwarts.physics_q>
wrote:

> "haiku jones" <575jones(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> . On Dec 10, 12:59 am, Uncle Vic <addr...(a)withheld.com> wrote:
>> One fine day in alt.atheism, George Hammond <Nowhe...(a)notspam.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Serious intellectual commentary is invited, hecklers will be
>> > killfiled.
>>

>> Then why is it you crosspost to alt.atheism with a subject line
>> concerning life after death? I think you like hecklers. The same way
>> some people like spankings.
>
> But of course. I mean, what's the point of having a crackpot
> theory that no one listens to unless it gets you the smug
> and righteous head rush of feeling unjustly persecuted?

Notice how Hammond has only responded to his replies with his sock
puppet, Snip Heckler. No one wants to talk shop with him. What a sad
sack.

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011
From: The_Sage on
>Reply to article by: darwinist <darwinist(a)gmail.com>
>Date written: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 15:22:24 -0800 (PST)
>MsgID:<3666888c-bc57-409b-a79f-683314c45664(a)u1g2000pre.googlegroups.com>

>> That's just get _started_. So far, he has presented no science.

>You just had to go there didn't you? A perfectly optimistic theory
>about life after death and you use the "s" word.

By definition, it isn't a "theory". It is speculation based on no observable
facts whatsoever. He is just making all this up as he goes along. Just because a
story sounds good, won't make it true, but George doesn't understand this simple
truism. He is lost in his own ego.

The Sage

http://members.cox.net/the.sage/index.htm

[The current anthropomorphic global warming nonsense is
based on] "inherently untrustworthy climate models, similar
to those that cannot accurately forecast the weather a week
from now" -- Dr. Richard Lindzen
From: George Hammond on
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:07:46 -0700, The_Sage
<The_Sage(a)everywhere.com> wrote:

>>Reply to article by: darwinist <darwinist(a)gmail.com>
>>Date written: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 15:22:24 -0800 (PST)
>>MsgID:<3666888c-bc57-409b-a79f-683314c45664(a)u1g2000pre.googlegroups.com>
>
>>> That's just get _started_. So far, he has presented no science.
>
>>You just had to go there didn't you? A perfectly optimistic theory
>>about life after death and you use the "s" word.
>
>By definition, it isn't a "theory". It is speculation based on no observable
>facts whatsoever. He is just making all this up as he goes along. Just because a
>story sounds good, won't make it true, but George doesn't understand this simple
>truism. He is lost in his own ego.
>
>The Sage

[Hammond]
Look, you half to baked pseudo-intellectual potato head.
You're talking to a figment of your imagination, you're not
talking to me. Objective fact shows that I have 2� in
physics from accredited universities, that I have published
this theory in 2 peer-reviewed academic journals and
presented it as an invited speaker at international academic
symposiums. These published papers date from 1994... only a
screwball would assert that I'm "making it up as I go
along".
Fact is, no one in the entire history of the world from
the time of the Pyramids down to the present day has any
credible scientific or even psychological double digit
assurance that there either IS or IS NOT such a thing as a
literal life after death.
There is only one way to find out and that is this:

1. Discover a realistic and plausible mechanism that would
cause such a thing.
2. Investigate the mechanism experimentally.

Okay, I have accomplished step one, and that is what we are
here to talk about.
So either start talking shop or take a hike.