First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Timing synchronization under multipath fading channel
Hi I am looking for robust timing and frequency synchronization algorithm based on preamble detection for a single carrier non ofdm(orthogonal frequency division multiplexing) system.most of the papers on synchronization deal with ofdm system, which is based on auto-correlation of identical short training symbols proc... 22 Jun 2010 09:20
Kenlighten - A social network for knowledge seekers and providers
Dear friends, I am writing to share with you about a unique social knowledge network - Kenlighten http://www.kenlighten.com . At Kenlighten you can register for a free account and create online tutorials in your area of expertise by uploading your ebooks, presentations, articles, videos, audio files. You can a... 18 Jun 2010 01:32
GPUs in DSP
steveu <steveu(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.coppice.org> wrote: (snip) The latest devices from ATI and nVidia do double precision, and the Fermi devices from nVidia are seriously trying to attack high performance computing (though nVidia seem to be badly screwing up on their execution right now). It seems, though, th... 20 Jun 2010 16:44
Undo frequency change by audio device before echo cancellation?
I am squarely in the camp of knowing barely enough DSP to be dangerous. I have successfully coded up some FIR filters to assist in sample rate conversions between audio files but that's about it. My ambition could easily exceed my capacity here. I want to do echo cancellation of audio coming into a microphone t... 18 Jun 2010 21:16
BER performance of BPSK and QPSK
John made a really good point. QPSK and BPSK have the same BER performance for identical Eb/N0, not for identical Es/N0. Since each symbol carries two bits in QPSK, and each symbol carries one bit in BPSK, the amount of energy per symbol (Es) required to achieve the same BER in QPSK as BPSK is 3dB higher. Since chan... 17 Jun 2010 17:51
BER and Noise Bandwidth
Hi, I have a question related to bit error rate and noise bandwidth. In a digital communications link that utilizes a matched filter design, a key factor in the filter design is the choice of an excess bandwidth parameter. This term affects whether or not the filter may be implementable, and also affects the occup... 7 Jul 2010 17:51
My first Digital Filter: Can I ask your help?
Hello this is the first time that I approach to DSP so I'm really newbie. I have to write a program that realize a Low Pass Filter at 50 Hz. My processor (ATTINY) have 10bit ADC so for first time I have used Oversampling and Decimation technique for add 3 "Virtual Bit" First Question: Since my Oversampled F... 22 Jun 2010 22:38
Confidence Interval for Power Spectral Density?
Hi, I'm rather new to signal processing and I would like to deepen my understanding of spectral densities... From the book 'Spectral Analysis of Signals' by Stoica and Moses I learned that I must interpret my signals as one realisation of a random sequence to account for the probabilistic character of noisy signa... 18 Jun 2010 10:12
Frequency of mixer
Hi everyone I want to use gc5016 for a frequency hopped system. Can someone suggest any tutorial? Actually I want to change the frequency of the mixer on runtime but I have no idea how this can be done. Thanx Ahsan ... 17 Jun 2010 14:30
frequency spectrum plot (frequency modulation)
when freq.spectrum is plotted for FM signals such as the pic below, how would I go about calculating the power? Is it sum of |X(f)|^2 (i.e. square each individual compnent and add) The solution has the solution squares each indivial compnents adds it then halves (i.e. 1/2 . A_c^2). Why did they do this? ... 17 Jun 2010 06:45