First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
STUPIDENT::Re: oulse code modulation question
bos1234 wrote: A continuous data signal is quantized and transmitted using a PCM system. If each data sample at the receiving end of the system must be known to within 0.5 percent of the peak-to-peak full-scale value, how many binary symbols must each transmitted digital word contain? I assumed... 20 Jun 2010 22:13
oulse code modulation question
A continuous data signal is quantized and transmitted using a PCM system. If each data sample at the receiving end of the system must be known to within 0.5 percent of the peak-to-peak full-scale value, how many binary symbols must each transmitted digital word contain? I assumed that pk-pk of the signal is some con... 22 Jun 2010 23:43
How to detect signal from microwave sensor?
Dear Friends My application should detect signal that come from MicroWave cavity (the one used in house alarm). When people walk in front a MW, a little signal of few mV and frequency between 10-50Hz is generated (beat signal). I should detect this! I'm developing on ATTiny micro family. Now: Since AtTiny ha... 22 Jun 2010 23:43
Filters coefficients in symbol spaced DFE
Hi, I'm trying to equalize a channel with sever multipath using a DFE (12,12) with LMS adaption algorithm. The relative power of the replicas are quite high w.r.t the main path. (max -4 dB). The equalizer is catastrophic. From the learning curve analysis I can observe that the error is still high after processing ... 21 Jun 2010 18:01
Call for Papers: International Conference on Circuits and Systems ICCS 2010
CFP: International Conference on Circuits and Systems ICCS 2010 Draft Paper Submission Deadline: 2 July, 2010 Camera-Ready Papers Due & Registration Deadline: 30 July, 2010 ICCS 2010: San Francisco, USA, 20-22 October, 2010 http://www.iaeng.org/WCECS2010/ICCS2010.html The conference ICCS'10 is held under the Wor... 19 Jun 2010 02:39
Question about software engineer employment contracts
You have been offered a salaried position as a software engineer in North Carolina. You have 5 years of professional experience and a M.Sc. degree in EE. You live in a different state. What would you expect as a minimum when it comes to: - the salary - the terms of the job contract? - vacation days? - person... 19 Jun 2010 12:21
dealing with aliasing
Hello Forum, if a continuous-time sinusoid x(t)=cos(2pi*f1*t+theta) is sampled at an arbitrary rate f_s, we will obtain a sequence x[n]. This sequence will be the same sequence we would obtain from sampling, at the same rate f_s, an infinite number of other sinusoids of continuous frequency different from f1. Th... 18 Jun 2010 16:50
FFT Help: Raw WAV array data to spectrum analysis array?
Hi All, I'm a pretty good programmer, but not a good mathematician, and have been trying to read up on FFT, but it breaks into complex math formulas way to early for me. I want to be able to take raw WAV data in a single dimensional array and convert it into a 2-dimensional array where the first dimension ind... 20 Jun 2010 13:27
CIC filter response
I designed a CIC filter and am trying to plot its response. fclk (sampling frequency) = 1.4MHz D (Decimation factor) = 100 Order = 3 Input bits = 3 Output bits = 13 I sent in 102400 samples in, with 1500 samples set to "1" and got 1024 (filtOutData) sample... 20 Jun 2010 17:49
Group Delay of CIC Filters
Is there a simple expression for the group delay of a CIC filter stage in terms of the differential delay (M) and the rate change R? -- Randy Yates % "Watching all the days go by... Digital Signal Labs % Who are you and who am I?" mailto://yates(a)ieee.org % 'Mission ... 20 Jun 2010 22:13