From: larrymcg on
They sent me two emails, each with a serial number for FX2, but the
two serial numbers were the same!
There are strange things going on with Cakewalk.....
--Larry

From: kitekrazy on
Rick Paul wrote:
> "Sue Morton" <867-5309(a)domain.invalid> wrote in message
>> I agree about web forums, but I've never seen any notation in Sonar?
>> Unless you're talking about that new product they just mixed in (I forget
>> what it was called now)?
>
> Nope, I'm talking about SONAR's Staff View. It's definitely not great
> notation by any means, and that is my biggest beef with modern day SONAR
> (and historical SONAR for that matter). However, being able to review parts
> in notation, even lame notation, is a huge degree easier for me than trying
> to review parts in a piano roll grid. I've been reading music since before
> I learned to read English, but still can't quickly read PRV "notation" worth
> beans. Heck, I think I can even play guitar better than I can do that, and
> I am a truly crappy guitar player. ;-)
>
>> The only thing I've seen in Sonar that is sort-of like notation is the
>> Staff View -- it's good for scratch sheets. But to me it'd be a stretch
>> to call that 'notation'. Regardless, Reaper doesn't have even that much
>> AFAIK. Would be good to be able to print scratch sheets from Reaper.
>
> I'm not looking for printouts in most cases. While there are a few times
> when I want a printout to use as a guide for playing something back in that
> I might have arranged onscreen, most of the time I'm just looking to be able
> to review parts and arrangements. Sometimes it is to quickly locate bad
> notes, dischords, etc. Other times it is to try and figure out what is
> going on in an arrangement that isn't working and make adjustments.

It does take some getting use to.

> I'd love to be able to do a lot more than that -- not even so much being
> able to print stuff out, but more being able to actually conveniently enter
> notation on screen while arranging/working out parts -- but SONAR's notation
> is too painful for just about everything except for sanity
> check/troubleshooting-type uses. It's still a major improvement, though,
> over what Live, Acid, Reaper, and some others (don't) offer.

I would imagine some programmers keep it out to cut down costs.

From: Ricky Hunt on
I've touted FX3 for a long time. It is a FANTASTIC plugin that should have
gotten much more development and improvement. The biggest would be to have a
way to send however many tracks you want to it (within reason) and be able
to manipulate each "performer" (track) within the one plugin. Room
simulation and impulses have nothing on this program.