From: Sue Morton on
Free is a GOOD price Russ!!! :-) Thanks for posting!
--
Sue Morton

From: Max Arwood on
Thanks Russ!
Max Arwood

From: Nil on
On 24 Nov 2009, Russ B <ElmSTUPIDITYertfudd(a)yahoo.com> wrote in
cakewalk.audio:

> Ok, we know most folks here now use Reaper but in case you
> still have an account with Cakewalk, these are free:
>
> sfz + Pro
> http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=35-CWSZ1.40-20E
>
> Square One
> http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=35-CWSQ1.40-20E
>
> Audio FX 1
> http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=35-CWF11.02-10E
>
> Audio FX 2
> http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=35-CWF21.01-10E
>
> Audio FX 3
> http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=35-CWF31.01-10E
>
> Yes, they are old, but they're FREE! Happy Thanksgiving! (h/t to
> KVR again)

Thanks for the heads-up! I got them all. I guess nobody was buying them
any more, and they're probably getting near the end of their shelf life.
Do I remember that FX3 doesn't work with multi-core processors, or had
some other problem with modern systems?

I did a bit of searching and found the PDF manual for sfz+. I also
found the manual for Square 1 - it was in html form, but I converted
it to PDF. If anyone wants a copy, I'll have them up in my web space
for a while:

<http://home.comcast.net/~esionder/temp/sfz_PlusPro-Manual.pdf>

<http://home.comcast.net/~esionder/temp/Square_I_UserManual.pdf>
From: Sue Morton on
Hi Nil,

Thanks for the PDF's!

I don't know the answers to your questions about FX3, but as soon as I have
a chance to try it I'm sure I'll find out :-)
--
Sue Morton

From: Ben Berman on
Nil wrote:

> Do I remember that FX3 doesn't work with multi-core processors, or had
> some other problem with modern systems?

I've still got FX3 here, and find a use for it now and then. I always
thought it was a great little plug - mostly for drum kits, but now and
then for vocals too. No problems I'm aware of, and I'm on an core2 quad
Q6600.

Of course, I do need a re-format and a WinXP re-install, so maybe then
it won't work properly, but 'til then . . . . 8-)

bzb

--
THE SONG FACTORY
Words and Music, made to order(TM)