From: Bill Hobba on

"Dono" <sa_ge(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> Here is a very good analysis of his latest paper uploaded on arxiv:
>
> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070816-faster-than-the-speed-of-light-no-i-dont-think-so.html
>
> Nimtz has been making this ridiculous claims for years and he has been
> countered in numerous venues. In spite of all the criticisms, he keeps
> at it , just like Cahill, Hartwig Thim, Munera, Tom van Flandern etc,
> etc. :-)

Nimitz has in fact admitted he can't do what some claim his experiments
show. I suspect Nimitz is a fairly respectable scientist - people
misinterpret what he says.

Thanks
Bill

From: Jerry on
On Aug 17, 10:54 pm, "Bill Hobba" <rubb...(a)junk.com> wrote:
> "Dono" <sa...(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

> > Here is a very good analysis of his latest paper uploaded on arxiv:
>
> >http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070816-faster-than-the-speed-o...
>
> > Nimtz has been making this ridiculous claims for years and he has been
> > countered in numerous venues. In spite of all the criticisms, he keeps
> > at it , just like Cahill, Hartwig Thim, Munera, Tom van Flandern etc,
> > etc. :-)
>
> Nimitz has in fact admitted he can't do what some claim his experiments
> show. I suspect Nimitz is a fairly respectable scientist - people
> misinterpret what he says.

No. See my other post in this thread and look carefully at
Figure 1 in his paper. I believe that Nimtz has committed
scientific fraud.

Jerry

From: Bill Hobba on

> On Aug 17, 7:22 pm, Tom Roberts <tjroberts...(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> Josef Matz wrote
>>
>> > [to those claiming Nimtz is wrong about superluminal signals]
>> > Nimtz is right and you are wrong !
>>
>> This is probably a case of both being right, but saying different things.
>>
>> Yes, Nimtz probably did observe a superluminal group velocity of his
>> signals. But yes, this does not violate SR because it cannot be used to
>> send INFORMATION faster than light. Here's a simple demonstration of why
>> this can be so:
>> http://gregegan.customer.netspace.net.au/APPLETS/20/20.html
>>
>> Nimtz carefully did not give enough information so his claims could be
>> examined in detail by experts.
>>
>> Tom Roberts
>

> No, Tom
>
> Nimtz has been claiming in front of rooms full of experimenters that
> his "experiments" are disproving relativity. He's been at it for
> years, he is as misguided as Cahill.

I take your word for it. But I have seen a paper he authored where he
carefully explains why his experiments don't violate relativity - and they
can't because they are predicted by QFT which assumes SR. I posted a link
to it for that nut Josef Matz who called me a liar but skulked away for a
while until he recent reappearance.

Thanks
Bill

From: Dono on
On Aug 17, 8:57 pm, Jerry <Cephalobus_alie...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> On Aug 17, 10:54 pm, "Bill Hobba" <rubb...(a)junk.com> wrote:
>

> > "Dono" <sa...(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

> > > Here is a very good analysis of his latest paper uploaded on arxiv:
>
> > >http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070816-faster-than-the-speed-o...
>
> > > Nimtz has been making this ridiculous claims for years and he has been
> > > countered in numerous venues. In spite of all the criticisms, he keeps
> > > at it , just like Cahill, Hartwig Thim, Munera, Tom van Flandern etc,
> > > etc. :-)
>
> > Nimitz has in fact admitted he can't do what some claim his experiments
> > show. I suspect Nimitz is a fairly respectable scientist - people
> > misinterpret what he says.
>
> No. See my other post in this thread and look carefully at
> Figure 1 in his paper. I believe that Nimtz has committed
> scientific fraud.
>
> Jerry

You are most likely correct. Be aware that he's the laughing stock in
the group of relativity test scientists. He's been pushing his
experiments for many years now, the latest arxiv fiasco is just the
last one in a long series.

From: Traveler on
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:01:42 -0700, Dono <sa_ge(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>You are most likely correct. Be aware that he's the laughing stock in
>the group of relativity test scientists. He's been pushing his
>experiments for many years now, the latest arxiv fiasco is just the
>last one in a long series.

Yeah, that's the way to do science. If you don't like someone's
results, ridicule him into insignificance or oblivion.

Louis Savain

Why Software Is Bad and What We Can Do to Fix It:
http://www.rebelscience.org/Cosas/Reliability.htm
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Prev: GETTING RID OF EINSTEIN RELATIVITY
Next: USM