From: Rob on
On 28/04/2010 6:12 AM, SG1 wrote:
> Is there a free alternative to M$ defragmenter as per XP. It is soooo slow.
> Comments about not needing to defragment are not encouraged Roddles.

Not sure where this slots in but -

W7 its recommended you configure and run a schedule defrag on regular basis.
From: me here on
Rob wrote:

> On 28/04/2010 6:12 AM, SG1 wrote:
> > Is there a free alternative to M$ defragmenter as per XP. It is
> > soooo slow. Comments about not needing to defragment are not
> > encouraged Roddles.
> >

> Not sure where this slots in but -
>
> W7 its recommended you configure and run a schedule defrag on regular
> basis.

So how is that any different to Microsoft recommendations for their
previous OS ?

MS have always promoted defragment/disc clean up maintenance on their
web site.
From: SG1 on

"Rob" <mesamine(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 28/04/2010 6:12 AM, SG1 wrote:
>> Is there a free alternative to M$ defragmenter as per XP. It is soooo
>> slow.
>> Comments about not needing to defragment are not encouraged Roddles.
>>

> Not sure where this slots in but -
>
> W7 its recommended you configure and run a schedule defrag on regular
> basis.

Fits in with normal people, gives Roddles fits.......

From: Rob on
On 28/04/2010 3:14 PM, SG1 wrote:
> "Rob"<mesamine(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 28/04/2010 6:12 AM, SG1 wrote:
>>> Is there a free alternative to M$ defragmenter as per XP. It is soooo
>>> slow.
>>> Comments about not needing to defragment are not encouraged Roddles.
>>>

>> Not sure where this slots in but -
>>
>> W7 its recommended you configure and run a schedule defrag on regular
>> basis.
>
> Fits in with normal people, gives Roddles fits.......

Perfect disk 11. not free but if you look it can be. or send mail.

http://www.perfectdisk.com/products/home-perfectdisk11-professional/learn-more
From: Rob on
On 28/04/2010 3:18 PM, me here wrote:
> Rob wrote:
>
>> On 28/04/2010 6:12 AM, SG1 wrote:
>>> Is there a free alternative to M$ defragmenter as per XP. It is
>>> soooo slow. Comments about not needing to defragment are not
>>> encouraged Roddles.
>>>

>> Not sure where this slots in but -
>>
>> W7 its recommended you configure and run a schedule defrag on regular
>> basis.
>
> So how is that any different to Microsoft recommendations for their
> previous OS ?
>
> MS have always promoted defragment/disc clean up maintenance on their
> web site.

Yes I use defrag on a regular basis yet sometimes on a particually
chockers HDD its been difficult to get the defrag to run and I think
that Perfect Disk was used to sort it out because MS defrag had some
stumbling blocks.

Difference - You can now scheduled W7 to run automatically at a
time/interval suitable. Whereas XP you manually went into system tools
to defrag.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: IExplorer open minimised