From: Rob on
On 28/04/2010 8:38 PM, me here wrote:
> Rob wrote:

>> regular>> basis.
>>>
>>> So how is that any different to Microsoft recommendations for their
>>> previous OS ?
>>>
>>> MS have always promoted defragment/disc clean up maintenance on
>>> their web site.
>>
>> Yes I use defrag on a regular basis yet sometimes on a particually
>> chockers HDD its been difficult to get the defrag to run and I think
>> that Perfect Disk was used to sort it out because MS defrag had some
>> stumbling blocks.
>>
>> Difference - You can now scheduled W7 to run automatically at a
>> time/interval suitable. Whereas XP you manually went into system
>> tools to defrag.
>

> You can do it automatically with XP.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/crawford_october08
> .mspx

Fair enough hadn't used that - never found it. Reading the page has some
other tips tho.

From: Laurence on
I got a neat one from A Shampoo.
Defrags while you work. I got it out of a computer mag.
APC or PC Authority; maybe november -january.
Check your local library.
Laurence

"SG1" <lostitall(a)the.races> wrote in message
> Is there a free alternative to M$ defragmenter as per XP. It is soooo
> slow. Comments about not needing to defragment are not encouraged Roddles.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: IExplorer open minimised
Next: Cheese