From: Geoff Schaller on
Marc,

You clearly have no experience with C#/VB and Visual Studio.

Geoff

From: Willie Moore on
Geoff,

I have commercial apps out in Vulcan and they are stable. I also have a
web site that is built with asp.net calling my Vulcan business logic.
Works just fine.

I am fluent in c#, vb.net, and Vulcan. I use the right tool for the
right project. BTW, none of my Vulcan apps use the VO compatible
classes. I am straight Winforms and am now working with wpf. I have
rightSLE running completely in Winforms and I am about 30% finished with
the WPF version. The folks at DevShare got to see all 3 versions
running.

Regards,
Willie

signature database 5142 (20100524) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Geoff Schaller on
Willie.

I never said you can't make stable apps. I did also in Pascal, Clipper,
VO 2.5 and so on. That isn't the point of the discussion, which was more
over the development environment as a practical and commercial tool.

How do you compare the one-man-band that takes years to deliver a box of
30 fixes (that then introduces 10 more bugs) with the juggernaut behind
C# and VB?

That is the issue at hand. That and the shrinking user base for
VO/Vulcan.

Geoff

From: Nick Friend on
Geoff,

There wasn't actually any discussion going on, simply a number of
people commenting on how we had a very productive and _positive_ time
at DevShare.

Nick

From: Geoff Schaller on
Maybe there is something wrong with your news client.
There are 7 messages ahead of this dealing directly with this
discussion.

"Nick Friend" <nicktekhne(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message

> Geoff,
>
> There wasn't actually any discussion going on, simply a number of
> people commenting on how we had a very productive and _positive_ time
> at DevShare.
>
> Nick
>
> On 25 May, 04:35, "Geoff Schaller" <geo...(a)softxwareobjectives.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> > Willie.
> >
> > I never said you can't make stable apps. I did also in Pascal, Clipper,
> > VO 2.5 and so on. That isn't the point of the discussion, which was more
> > over the development environment as a practical and commercial tool.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Custom Sort
Next: Error handler no longer works