From: Nick Friend on
But only because you piled into an otherwise innocuous thread to make
it this.... That's my point. Relax Geoff, you don't have to worry
about the decisions that other people make, it's not your problem.
What is a problem is if you persistently and publicly rubbish the tool
that quite a few people (including me) have chosen to use, because
then you're potentially damaging our future.

I hope that's not your intention.

But when you always jump in and try to frighten people off to go
elsewhere, that's potentially pretty aggressively damaging for a lot
of us in the longer run. You're just like Graham used to be several
years back smiping at VO.

Nick

From: Geoff Schaller on
Nick,

A fire doesn't burn without oxygen or fuel. You are simply perpetuating
the thread by continually adjudicating the comments. If you don't want
to be rebutted, don't make comments. As it is you've left yourself open
to a few pearlers.

> it this.... That's my point. Relax Geoff, you don't have to worry
> about the decisions that other people make, it's not your problem.

No I don't but nor do you have to do the same to mine. Perhaps it is you
who should relax? What I will always attack is gratuitous and inaccurate
claims that are being made about a patently inadequate product that is
under-funded, under-performing and under-supported. There is clear
evidence of this and the continually shrinking community is direct
testament.

> What is a problem is if you persistently and publicly rubbish the tool
> that quite a few people (including me) have chosen to use, because
> then you're potentially damaging our future.

I am not rubbishing anything. I am quite sure Vulcan can create a stable
app. So can Ruby, Python, Eifel and a dozen other platforms. Why don't
you use Ruby? I am explaining some facts about commercial viability (of
which Vulcan has none) and you have done nothing to refute any
statements I've made. You haven't offered any contrary evidence. I am
not quite sure how this affects your future - I can't help it you choose
to go with the weak instead of the strong. That is your prerogative. I
do however object to you offering unbalanced opinions to newcomers who
may not be aware of just how poorly GrafX treats its products and its
customers.

> I hope that's not your intention.

Quite the contrary. I hope you can make a better judgement.

> But when you always jump in and try to frighten people off to go
> elsewhere, that's potentially pretty aggressively damaging for a lot
> of us in the longer run. You're just like Graham used to be several
> years back smiping at VO.

I have long been one of loudest and strongest proponents for VO in the
past decade. I was also a strong advocate for Vulcan - long before you
came to the party. I have VO apps that will easily see me into my
retirement. But like Graham, I doubt I would counsel a newcomer in IT to
VO or to Vulcan.

What future would you be condemning such a person to?

Regards,

Geoff

From: Brian on
Nick,

As you know, I try my best to stay out of these kind of threads, as nothing
productive ever comes from them.

Fortunately most people can make up their own mind what is a great product
(Vulcan.NET) is, with or without Geoff's constant bashing of GrafX. All
they need do is download the free trial version at GoVulcan.NET. Reasonable
people know that products improve as their life cycles do, and VOPS has
hundreds of satisfied customers. Why would people continue to renew their
VOPS subscriptions if Vulcan.NET was not working for them ?

I hope that most people can clearly see that the issue is a personal one, no
matter how much he( Geoff) denies that it is. It all stems from being tossed
out of VOPS, and I can understand the embarrassment this must cause him.
After having hundreds of satisfied VOPS customers, Geoff remains the only
person to ever be removed from VOPS.

Geoff has the gift of words, and is no doubt, a master debater. It's been
proven time and time again, the man will argue any point even when it proven
wrong by more than one source. Perhaps Geoff has missed his calling, as a
true politician.

I think it's clear to all from the title of the tread, that this was about a
bunch of satisfied Vulcan.NET customers, and the good experience they had a
DevShare. I'm not really to surprised that Geoff would want to hijack any
positive information about Vulcan.NET.

I made a decision a long while back not to waste my time having endless
debates with persons of questionable intentions.

What kind of person feels the need to jump into every tread, including ones
he knows nothing about ? (No need to answer this, I think we are all capable
of making up our own minds)

Brian
Product Owner Vulcan.NET

From: Nick Friend on
Brian,

<g>

Anyway, to recapitulate, DevShare was great fun and very informative,
and Phil, Alwyn and co. did us proud.

Nick

From: Brian on
Nick,

>Anyway, to recapitulate, DevShare was great fun and very informative,
>and Phil, Alwyn and co. did us proud.

Yes, I got some great reports from the DevTeam. Sounds like a it was a very
positive experience for those who could attend.

Good job to all involved with putting on DevShare !

Brian

P.S. Looking forward to Alwyn's book, I can say the first 3/4's was a great
read !

Nick

On 25 May, 14:16, "Brian" <B�ian@G�afxsoft.com> wrote:
> Nick,
>
> As you know, I try my best to stay out of these kind of threads, as
> nothing
> productive ever comes from them.
>
> Fortunately most people can make up their own mind what is a great product
> (Vulcan.NET) is, with or without Geoff's constant bashing of GrafX. All

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Custom Sort
Next: Error handler no longer works