First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98
Photos of Historical Center
Hello: Today I did these photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4040326195/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4051543908/ Thanks for your comments. -- MMYV http://www.mmyv.com ... 28 Oct 2009 14:00
[SI] Next Mandate: Sports and Games
Thanks to a suggestion by, well, someone, the new mandate, due December 6th, 2009, is "Sports and Games." As usual, you can send your submissions to the SI Moderator here: si dot moderator at yahoo dot com The mandate page is here: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/sports__games And the rulz are here: htt... 27 Oct 2009 20:24
Commenting On Unused Equipment
I sometimes wonder why people feel the need to make authoritative comments on equipment they've never used, never touched, and never even considered as part of their camera gear. There have been outlandish claims being made. Mostly by dSLR proponents over what can and cannot be done with the myriad P&S cameras ... 3 Nov 2009 21:36
Sigma 70-300mm Sony/Minolta mount lens - a warning
I post this as a warning for anyone researching this lens before purchase. I have a Sony a200 and recently bought a Sigma 70-300mm zoom. The reviews say it makes great pictures and I agree, the optical performance is great, especially for a cheap-ish lens. What the reviews don't tell you is that this lens was d... 7 Nov 2009 23:56
Jupiter
The astrophotography has been keeping me occupied lately. This is my first attempt at planetary imaging. Lots to learn, I know. Don't see much astrophotography here so thought I'd share. Taken with a 8" f/10 scope with a 2.5x powermate (like a teleconvertor) giving it an equivalent focal length of around 5000m... 2 Nov 2009 11:14
Strange result from straightening
I took pictures of a friend's paintings with my superb Canon A590IS at the camera's full 8mp. With mixed results. Well, I thought it did ok except for the slight bowing of all the edges. I guess I should have moved farther away and zoomed in to reduce that. Anyway, one of the pictures was a bit tilted, so... 25 Oct 2009 18:43
A3 Photo Printer choice.
Hi It is time to treat myself to a new photo printer so I thought I would ask here for recommendations. Asked in three shops locally and the answers were Canon PIXMA pro9000 Epson Stylus Photo R2880 HP Photosmart Pro B8190 Anyone got any better suggestions? I know I can get an Ink Flow system for the Ep... 22 Oct 2009 09:38
|GG| One more nail in the optical viewfinder coffin
RichA wrote: Courtesy of Epson. This is similar to the Panasonic unit in the G cameras I think. http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Epson_set_to_exploit_booming_DSLR_camera_market_news_290520.html Assuming that 1.4MP spec is counting RGB, not full color pixels, that's more like 1/3 MP, probably... 17 Oct 2009 22:47
The real cost of being sued by Getty
Follow-up article on that infringement case which Getty brought to court: http://copyrightaction.com/forum/the-real-cost-of-being-sued-by-getty see also http://www.out-law.com//default.aspx?page=10367 2000 GBP paid to Getty, 24000 GBP total expense -- Alfred Molon ... 30 Oct 2009 22:11
I'm so proud, I weaned someone off a P&S to a DSLR!
I simply pointed out that they could get a demo Nikon D40 with an kit lens for about $250 so it was time for them to chuck their sad-sack Sony P&S in the waste bin. Of course, once they saw the output from the Nikon, they were thrilled. ... 23 Nov 2009 05:14