From: Alfred Molon on
Follow-up article on that infringement case which Getty brought to
court:
http://copyrightaction.com/forum/the-real-cost-of-being-sued-by-getty

see also
http://www.out-law.com//default.aspx?page=10367

2000 GBP paid to Getty, 24000 GBP total expense
--

Alfred Molon

From: Ray Fischer on
Alfred Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>Follow-up article on that infringement case which Getty brought to
>court:
>http://copyrightaction.com/forum/the-real-cost-of-being-sued-by-getty
>
>see also
>http://www.out-law.com//default.aspx?page=10367
>
>2000 GBP paid to Getty, 24000 GBP total expense

A good reason to avoid Getty like the plague.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Alfred Molon on
In article <4ad96280$0$1668$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>, Ray Fischer
says...

> A good reason to avoid Getty like the plague.

A good reason not to steal images. Stealing images and posting them on a
publicly accessible site is one of the dumbest things one can do.
--

Alfred Molon
From: Bob Larter on
Alfred Molon wrote:
> Follow-up article on that infringement case which Getty brought to
> court:
> http://copyrightaction.com/forum/the-real-cost-of-being-sued-by-getty
>
> see also
> http://www.out-law.com//default.aspx?page=10367
>
> 2000 GBP paid to Getty, 24000 GBP total expense

Frankly, I think they got what they deserved. They stole an image, got
caught, & they paid the price.
In summary:
"Mr X also advises against any course of action that might risk
infringement. "Do not put anything on your site but your own images. Do
not use anything found on the internet unless you have cast-iron
permission. You would be better off paying a professional photographer
to take images for you, just so you know whose material it is"

From: Robert Coe on
On 17 Oct 2009 06:21:52 GMT, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
: Alfred Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
: >Follow-up article on that infringement case which Getty brought to
: >court:
: >http://copyrightaction.com/forum/the-real-cost-of-being-sued-by-getty
: >
: >see also
: >http://www.out-law.com//default.aspx?page=10367
: >
: >2000 GBP paid to Getty, 24000 GBP total expense
:
: A good reason to avoid Getty like the plague.

Depends on which side you're on, doesn't it? If you sell photos through Getty,
you may be less likely to get ripped off by infringers.

It's like with lawyers. Everybody hates the tough, intransigent lawyer that
practices in their town until they need a lawyer themselves.

Bob