From: Robert Coe on
On 17 Oct 2009 16:54:15 GMT, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
: Alfred Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
: > Ray Fischer
:
: >> A good reason to avoid Getty like the plague.
: >
: >A good reason not to steal images.
:
: When a company uses that as an excuse to extort ridiculous fines from
: people to employ lawyers then it's a good reason not to do business
: with them.

Do you think Getty would notice if anybody in this newsgroup stopped doing
business with them? Do you think they'd notice if *everybody* in this
newsgroup stopped doing business with them?

Neither do I.

Bob
From: Chris F.A. Johnson on
On 2009-10-18, Robert Coe wrote:
> On 17 Oct 2009 16:54:15 GMT, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>: Alfred Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>: > Ray Fischer
>:
>: >> A good reason to avoid Getty like the plague.
>: >
>: >A good reason not to steal images.
>:
>: When a company uses that as an excuse to extort ridiculous fines from
>: people to employ lawyers then it's a good reason not to do business
>: with them.
>
> Do you think Getty would notice if anybody in this newsgroup stopped doing
> business with them? Do you think they'd notice if *everybody* in this
> newsgroup stopped doing business with them?
>
> Neither do I.

I suppose you don't vote because one vote cannot make a difference?

Author:
From: NotMe on

2
0
0
8

;

"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message
: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens(a)sum.co.nz> wrote:
: >On 17 Oct 2009 16:54:15 GMT, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
: >
: >>Alfred Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
: >>> Ray Fischer
: >>
: >>>> A good reason to avoid Getty like the plague.
: >>>
: >>>A good reason not to steal images.
: >>
: >>When a company uses that as an excuse to extort ridiculous fines from
: >>people to employ lawyers then it's a good reason not to do business
: >>with them.
: >
: >The fines only seem ridiculous to the thief.
:
: Demanding 10 times the usual fee for a low-res version of the licensable
: photo isn't ridiculous?

Paying $1 to $3 per hour parking fee in a major city is not unreasonable
provided you pay the fee in advance. Park without paying or with the
expatiation of scuffing and you get hit with a much higher free (some call
it a boot fee) that can and often does run upward of $150.

The principle is simple and legal, pay me now a fair and agreed upon fee or
pay me later a fee determined by the court. Your choice, pick one.

From: Robert Coe on
: >:
: >: >> A good reason to avoid Getty like the plague.
: >: >
: >:
: >: When a company uses that as an excuse to extort ridiculous fines
: >: from people to employ lawyers then it's a good reason not to do
: >: business with them.
: >
: > Do you think Getty would notice if anybody in this newsgroup stopped
: > doing business with them? Do you think they'd notice if *everybody*
: > in this newsgroup stopped doing business with them?
: >
: > Neither do I.
:
: I suppose you don't vote because one vote cannot make a difference?

Are you going for the "Non-Sequitur of the Year" award?

In any case, you suppose wrong.

Bob
From: Ray Fischer on
Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:
>On 18 Oct 2009 00:09:21 GMT, "Chris F.A. Johnson" <cfajohnson(a)gmail.com>
>wrote:
>: On 2009-10-18, Robert Coe wrote:
>: > On 17 Oct 2009 16:54:15 GMT, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>: >: Alfred Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>: >: > Ray Fischer
>: >:
>: >: >> A good reason to avoid Getty like the plague.
>: >: >
>: >: >A good reason not to steal images.
>: >:
>: >: When a company uses that as an excuse to extort ridiculous fines
>: >: from people to employ lawyers then it's a good reason not to do
>: >: business with them.
>: >
>: > Do you think Getty would notice if anybody in this newsgroup stopped
>: > doing business with them? Do you think they'd notice if *everybody*
>: > in this newsgroup stopped doing business with them?
>: >
>: > Neither do I.
>:
>: I suppose you don't vote because one vote cannot make a difference?
>
>Are you going for the "Non-Sequitur of the Year" award?

Are you going for the "clueless idiot" award?

>In any case, you suppose wrong.

Do you think anybody would notice if you didn't vote?

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net