From: Ray Fischer on
michael adams <mjadams25(a)onetel.net.uk> wrote:

>"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message
>> michael adams <mjadams25(a)onetel.net.uk> wrote:

>> >Not if they only ever expected to ever catch say 1 in 100 copyright infringers,
>> >then no it isn't.
>>
>> Since when is one person supposed to be responsible for the actions of
>> others?
>
>They're not.

But you just tried to argue that punishing a few people excessively is
justified by the actions of others.

> But they're all equally guilty of infringing copyright.

Which is wholly irrelevant.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
Frank ess <frank(a)fshe2fs.com> wrote:
>Ray Fischer wrote:
>> michael adams <mjadams25(a)onetel.net.uk> wrote:

>>> Not if they only ever expected to ever catch say 1 in 100
>>> copyright infringers, then no it isn't.
>>
>> Since when is one person supposed to be responsible for the actions
>> of others?
>
>That's not what he said.

Yes it is.

> Get a grip.

Learn to read.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Jerry Stuckle on
Ray Fischer wrote:
> Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex(a)attglobal.net> wrote:
>> Ray Fischer wrote:

>>> "I you don't give us ten times what we charge for the photo then we'll
>>> screw you over for 200 times what the photo is worth."
>>>
>>> But that's what happens when law triumphs over justice.
>> That is justice.
>
> In what bizarro world is that?

U.S. Copyright law.

> Tell us: Do you also insist that having ones hands chopped off for
> stealing is also justice?

Completely unrelated.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
From: Jerry Stuckle on
Ray Fischer wrote:
> Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex(a)attglobal.net> wrote:
>> Ray Fischer wrote:
>>> Since when is one person supposed to be responsible for the actions of
>>> others?
>> They're not. But it is meant to discourage ALL copyright violations.
>
> You're trying to argue both sides.

Not at all. My argument is consistent.

>> If you don't violate a copyright, then you have no problems.
>
> Simplistic nonsense.

Nope. Don't break the law and you have no problems.

>> You can be honest and pay a small price, or attempt to be dishonest and
>
> You copied my words without asking permission. You violated copyright.
>
> You owe me $1000.

Nope. Your post is public domain.

Or, if you want to argue that - you copied my words. You owe me $1,000,000.

--
==================
From: sobriquet on
On 19 okt, 01:36, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...(a)attglobal.net> wrote:
> Ray Fischer wrote:
> > Jerry Stuckle  <jstuck...(a)attglobal.net> wrote:
> >> They're not.  But it is meant to discourage ALL copyright violations..
>
> > You're trying to argue both sides.
>
> Not at all.  My argument is consistent.

Your argument is absurd.
Tell me how long a bitstring has to be before we allow people to claim
ownership or accuse people of theft
who happen to reproduce or distribute it?

111010101101010111010001010001011011010101011101001

Copyright is proof that there are no limits to human stupidity.

> >> If you don't violate a copyright, then you have no problems.
>
> > Simplistic nonsense.
>
> Nope.  Don't break the law and you have no problems.

Nonsense. The government is merely the dominant crime syndicate.

> >> You can be honest and pay a small price, or attempt to be dishonest and
>
> > You copied my words without asking permission.  You violated copyright.
>
> > You owe me $1000.
>
> Nope.  Your post is public domain.
>
> Or, if you want to argue that - you copied my words.  You owe me $1,000,000.

Justice is available for those for those who have the cash to exploit
the justice system to their advantage.

People who advocate the notion of intellectual property are
professional criminals who belong in jail.
The full potential of information technology can only be exploited if
intellectual property is exposed for the myth it really is.