First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
tough to be a wedding photographer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9HD5GZooPQ ... 27 Jul 2010 21:42
The 17th Korean Air Traval Photo Contast
Theme �Memorable Travel Moment� (Any entry which has been submitted into previous competitions, whether domestic or overseas will be disqualified.) Eligibility Anyone who likes travel and photography Application Period Jul 23(Fri)~ Sep 6(Mon),2010 Details ■ Photo Size -Film Camera Photo : Bl... 20 Jul 2010 12:28
What is the point of having 16 bit colour if a computer monitorcan only display 8 bit colour? How do you edit 16 bit colour when you canonly see 8 bit?
On 12/07/2010 07:45, Scotius wrote: Do publishers use highly advance monitors or super-knowledgeable graphics professionals who know how things will turn out even if they can't preview them? One of the reasons lies in the lack of computational accuracy during editing, that rears its ugly head as a the "c... 12 Jul 2010 22:56
I've read about "adaptive optics" as used by the US military, intelligence agencies, etc in satellite imagery, but what about using optics to correct out of focus pictures? Is this possible?
Suppose you've taken a photo that is blurred (not due to movement, but due to improper focus). Would it be possible, if you could look through just the right type of lens, to see the picture correctly focused? If so, would it be possible for software to calculate the focus problem, or even for a photographer ... 15 Jul 2010 09:52
Why can't a non-SLR have equivalent quality?
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:28:24 -0500, Prime <PrimeFactor(a)primetime.com> wrote: I've been waiting and wondering when we will see this. I'm personally tired of carrying big cameras. I've got a great point and shoot 7mp. I would like some more lens flexibility but don't want to be burdened down by a SLR. I u... 12 Jul 2010 14:03
What is the point of having 16 bit colour if a computer monitor can only display 8 bit colour? How do you edit 16 bit colour when you can only see 8 bit?
Do publishers use highly advance monitors or super-knowledgeable graphics professionals who know how things will turn out even if they can't preview them? ... 19 Jul 2010 04:50
Monitors slowly evolving
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/accessories/10bit.shtml ... 20 Jul 2010 04:51
Superzoom P&S's may have long "effective" focal lengths, but....
They do NOT provide the kind of detail a DSLR with the same equivalent focal length can. These moon shots through a Panasonic FZ-50 prove it, and it was one of the better superzooms made. On top of that, the images are washed out, and off-colour, plus they show considerable chromatic aberration and lack of contra... 19 Jul 2010 12:27
KODAK EASYSHARE Z915: Good choice for a college student onTIGHT budget?
On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 15:52:04 -0500, me wrote: Need a LONG zoom. Don't want to spend more than $150 Is the Z915 a decent cam for me? Many Kodak cameras are available refurbished from the Kodak online store - might save a few bucks for you. ... 10 Jul 2010 21:31
Is this true? I read a post on this newsgroup to the effect that with either Windows Vista or OS-X Leopard, what you see is not what you get for print...
It was claimed that since both use pixel smoothing, any picture you're looking at, including in photo editing programs such as Photoshop will look far better than it would if you were to print it out. In effect, you are denied the information that it has rough edges, for example, because pixel smoothing is auto... 10 Jul 2010 22:36