From: pete_5419 on
I did not hear back from the previous poster that said they had published
movies on the PC and had them work on the Mac, so I am going to ask again.

Please note, I am asking users of Director 11 only ( I too have published many
Director projectors on PC and run them on the Mac with version of Director
previous to Director 11). Also, when testing the Director 11 projector on the
Mac, make sure the system you are testing it on does not have Shockwave
installed.

So my question is: Has anybody been able use Director 11 on the PC to publish
a Mac projector (which creates a .app Mac bundle) and been able to run the
projector on a Mac that does not have Shockwave installed? Note: My publish
setting under the Projector tab is set to Standard player type.

From: mikem75 on
Pete - sorry, I didn't check back to check on my post. Yes, I am using
Director 11, on a PC, Windows Vista Ultimate. I have created projectors on the
PC and they run successfully on the Mac. The Macs did not have shockwave
installed as far as I know. The Macs I tested on are at my office and I can
check them next time I'm there.

I did nothing special, other than remove the xtra's that triggered the
shockwave installation. The projectors worked flawlessly on Macs.

The xtra which gave me problems was swacmpr.xtra. This extra is loaded by
default as soon as you create a project. That xtra if included in a projector
will ask the user to install Shockwave or update it. If you're not using any
shockwave material (mp3 in particular) you can remove that xtra and give that a
go.

Mike M

From: pete_5419 on
Hey Mike,

Thanks for your response. I appreciate you verifying your version of Director
and operating system. I am using Windows XP.

I tried your suggestion about removing Xtras. I created an empty Director
movie and removed all Xtras then published it. When I tested this projector on
a Mac (OS 10.4) that does not have Shockwave installed, it still would not run.
It displayed the 'Shockwave needed' prompt.

If you have a chance to verify that your projectors run on systems that do not
have Shockwave installed, I would be very interested.

Thanks

From: gravideo on
Mike, I'm confused on placement of the .app folder created by Director 11 in a
Hybrid CD. Do you simply place the folder as is in the root of the HFS
partition or do you have to separate the subordinate folders in some way so
that the application (projector) is easily found by the Mac user?

From: pete_5419 on
The Mac .app folder should be left intact. On the Macintosh this will appear to
the user as a single executable file.

One note about the hybrid CD format: Toast will create the Mac side of the
Hybrid CD as an HFS standard volume when it writes the CD. This will cause the
same problem that I started this thread about. The files in the Frameworks
folder will get trashed and the projector will look for Shockwave to be
installed on the computer in order to run the projector. The only way around
this (that we have found) is to create an HFS+ disk image and put your .app
folder in the disk image. Then write the disk image to the CD. The user will
need to mount the disk image to access the files, but the Frameworks folder
will be intact.

Make sure your application runs correctly without Shockwave before you write
it to a CD.