From: gravideo on
Pete,

It sounds as if you're saying that my approach may work.
1) From Director 11, I publish both a windows and a Mac projector with my
xtras imbedded in the projector.
2) I use MacImage to compile a disk image consisting of an ISO partition
containing the Windows projector, an HFS partition conatining the .app folder,
and (in MacImage) a third area containing all common files.
3) I use Roxio CD Creator Classic and select Burn a Disk Image to CD. The
compiled image fro Mac Image is then Burnt to CD.
From reading your post, I'm assuming that the files in the Frameworks folder
will remain intact.

From: pete_5419 on
gravideo,

The process that you describe sounds correct. If not for the description of
the flaw below, I would say it would work. Also, I have never used MacImage
before so I can't speak about it.

The flaw in the plan relates to the original subject of this thread. If you
create the projector on a PC, the Framework files may already be trashed before
you can do anything with them. This does not mean that your files will not run
on the Mac, but it means that your files would require that Shockwave is
installed on the Mac system in order to run your files.

Also, the Mac disk image must be formatted as HFS+, not HFS. In briefly
looking at the MacImage description online it refers to the disk images that it
will create as HFS but not HFS+.

From: gravideo on
Pete,

I guess I won't know until I try it next week.

Once one invokes the Compile command in MacImage, a dialog box appears in
which on can check Mac OS Extended (HFS +). So, st least I have that going for
me.

Thanks for helping out.

From: mikem75 on
Pete: I've had a chance to look at one of the Macs at my office. I can confirm
that it does not have Shockwave installed (I even ran the uninstaller to be
sure). The app runs correctly on the Mac - OSX 10.4.11.

Now, I am running the app off of a flash drive. Not sure if that has anything
to do with it or not. As mentioned, the app was created with Director 11
running on Windows Vista Ultimate. I did nothing special, created the app and
then copied it onto the flash drive. Plugged it into the Mac and all is well.
The app plays a number of quicktime videos and audio files. As mentioned
earlier, I did run into troubles with Shockwave when I attempted to play the
audio files as MP3's. In that case Director wanted to use the swacmpr xtra
which triggered a shockwave download or install. I removed that xtra from the
movie, compiled and all is good.

Not sure what problems you might be having.

Mike M

From: mikem75 on
Pete: I just noticed that you are having problems running on Mac OS 10.5. We
are generally still on 10.4 here, but I do have a Macbook Pro which is running
10.5.

I'll do a test on that today and report back to you.

Mike M