From: pete_5419 on
Hey Mike,

I just noticed that you replied. I sure appreciate you taking the time to
verify your setup.

It is very interesting that you are not experiencing the same issues that I
am.

I am running Windows XP PRO - SP2 with NTFS file system.

From: ytlevine on
I don't really want to disturb the thread.
One quick question:
Is there any software that I will allow me to burn a Mac-only compatible partition on a cd from Windows?
Thanks.
From: Sean Wilson on
> Is there any software that I will allow me to burn a Mac-only compatible partition on a cd from Windows?

Yes. I think Nero can do it, but you need an external HFS-formatted drive
From: pete_5419 on
[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]ytlevine[/b][/b][/i]
I don't really want to disturb the thread.
One quick question:
Is there any software that I will allow me to burn a Mac-only compatible
partition on a cd from Windows?
Thanks.[/q]

I think this is what gravideo was referring to with MacImage earlier in this
thread.

From: pete_5419 on
I ran into another reference to the issue of publishing a Director 11 Mac
projector on a Windows computer and the projector requiring Shockwave to play
back the file on the Macintosh.

http://www.directorforum.com/showthread.php?s=a8c661d69a73443a676b060960d0249a&t
=1414

A quote from that link:

[Q]"Does the Mac projector live on a volume that's formatted as something
other than HFS? (e.g. ISO-9660, FAT) If so, the projector will fail to open and
natter about needing SW 11. I found that bug when doing a bit of work for
Deano U, got busy with something else, and forgot to log it. Anyway, D11
projectors need to live on some flavor of an HSF volume."[/Q]

The problem, as I see it, is not just that the files need to be on an HFS+
formatted drive at run time, but they can not have passed through any other
type of hard drive file systems at any other time (unless they are contained
within an HFS+ formatted disk image). So, my question is, how can this work
when the files used to generate the projector live on an NTFS formatted drive
before the projector is even created?

I am willing to be proven wrong about this, but from my testing, that is the
conclusion that I have come up with.

In an earlier reply, Mike said that he has successfully published from Win to
Mac, so I must be missing something.

Mike, if you are still following this thread, the way we are making sure that
Shockwave is not involved in running the projector on the Mac is by going to
"Library:Application Support:Adobe" and pulling the Shockwave 11 folder out to
the desktop, then attempting to launch the projector.