From: pete_5419 on
When publishing a Mac projector file from Windows XP, the files created do not
function correctly when I test them on a Macintosh computer (OS 10.5). Even
though I publish as a projector, the application is not self running and will
display a message that Shockwave is required to run the program. The program
will run properly on Macintosh computers that have Shockwave installed.

It seems that the files that are created in the Frameworks folder (within the
..app/Contents folder) have data in their resource forks and this gets stripped
off on the Windows system. I thought Director 11 had resolved this issue so
that you could publish a cross-platform projector that would be ready-to-run.

If I move the .app folder to a Mac and replace the Frameworks folder with a
Frameworks folder that has been created with Director 11 on a Macintosh system,
the program runs correctly without a Shockwave install.

Has anyone else run into this, and if so, is there a fix for it? I need to be
able to publish both Windows projectors and Mac projectors from my Windows
system.

From: Sean Wilson on
Did you move the app to a HFS drive before running it? That is: did you
run it from an HFS drive, or from a FAT formatted drive?
From: pete_5419 on
Hi Sean,

Yes I am running this from a Macintosh HFS+ formatted drive. I think the
problem is that the files are originating from the Windows system which already
has ignored the resource fork data and left it behind before the file is moved
to the HFS+ drive.

Has anyone else successfully created Macintosh projectors from their Windows
systems? One word of caution when testing this, if the computer that you test
it on has Shockwave installed, it will fool you into thinking that it worked as
expected. Be sure to test on a system without Shockwave.

From: mikem75 on
I've created a number of projectors on a PC and had them run on a Macs. Check
to see if you have any xtras in your movie that require shockwave. If there's
an xtra that requires shockwave you will get that message. In particular, if
you have any mp3's in your movie that will trigger a shockwave xtra to be added
to your movie.

You can get around the mp3 issue by reloading the files as .mov's. Then you
should be good to go on the Mac.

Mike M

From: pete_5419 on
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

...a couple of questions for you since you said that you have created a number
of projectors on a PC and had them run on a Macs.

Are you running Director 11?
Are you certain that the Macs that you tested the projectors on did not have
Shockwave installed?

I'm pretty sure that the issue that I'm running into is not related to an Xtra
since simply replacing the Frameworks folder in the Mac bundle with a
Frameworks folder that was created on the Mac platform will make the projector
run properly.